The Samsung Galaxy S24
kosti's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 16th, 2012 6:04 PM

Can we please have Google Wallet functionality?

i have a Galaxy SII Skyrocket. I upgraded to ICS recently, but Google Wallet will still not work because there is no secure element on my phone. I dont quite know how all this works but it seems this is now a problem only my carrier can resolve. I would really like to add something to my SD card or get a new SIM card that has a secure element so i can use this app. if this is something ATT will not ever do, i suppose i can wait until my contract expires and switch to Sprint. Does anyone know what ATT has planned for this?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

You know you can try the AT&T iPhone or the AT&T windows phone both are a penny or maybe .99 cents if you have a two years contract and already have an AT&T contract with those savings for yourself. I want to try the wallet btw I've just seen it yesterday and didn't know they had one. Nonetheless I did ask them earlier this week did the have a Wallet so I can put money in it and have something there for my bills and purchases. So the advertisements out now on the ATT.NET website showing it as updated as brand new. I login with my email account by ATT also my hme phone account and my uverse internet wireless gateway account.

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Me too wanna be able use a smart phone like it should be.. Htc one x

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T... Anyone... Where are we with Google Wallet and the HTC One X? Any news?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

The ability to use Google Wallet was one of the things I was looking forward to when switching from the iPhone to Android ... was very disappointed when I got me HTC One home, went to the Play Store and found that Wallet was not supported on my device.

Kind of makes having an NFC chip in your phone a bit less useful, and yes, I know there are plenty of other uses for NFC besides making payments with your phone. It would still be nice to have the option though.

C'mon AT&T give your users who are paying good money every month for your service the ability to fully utilize their phones and let us have access to Google Wallet.

Voyager

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Wow it's been almost a year and still att hasn't said anything about this. I mean I don't even have a credit card myself, im just a kid, but just noticing how bad att treats there customers really makes me want to just get a nexus with nothing restricting me. I mean i bought the phone and now att thinks they can own it. I really wanted to ask if rooting the phone would do anything. I have an HTC One X and i am probably going to root it if it frees this up. I mean honestly att what the heck? You load us up with a waste of bloatware and then monopolize us with only one this so called ISIS that is probably going to cost a subscription fee to use. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Dear AT&T

I am a Galaxy Note owner that is on your network, so I am a paying customer. Please note that I am aware that you are purposefully blocking google wallet on my device, that there is no technological reason why it should not work. Please note further that this is annoying me and that whenever I get asked by friends why google wallet does not work, I point out that it is your doing.

In my eyes, it just make you look silly and you will understand that I will not use a competing payment system that you want to establish, out of sheer spite, of not being forced to do what I don't want as a customer.

I also will not be switching to the Galaxy Note 2, because the Note 1 and 2 are identical in terms of fully functional NFC functionality.

This all reflects very badly on your reputation and image and it is one step more to consider switching to a competitor. This is not a way to treat a customer and your attempts to limit my choices insult my intelligence.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

The device list is growing...please add this service.

Wallet Eligible Devices

Phones

• HTC One® on Sprint
  • HTC EVO 4G LTE on Sprint
  • LG Viper 4G LTE on Sprint and Zact Mobile
  • LG Optimus Elite on Sprint, Virgin Mobile and Zact Mobile
  • LG Nexus 4 GSM/HSPA+ (available for purchase on Google Play)
  • Samsung Galaxy Note® II on Sprint and US Cellular
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 on Sprint and US Cellular (available for purchase on Google Play)
  • Samsung Nexus S 4G on Sprint
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Sprint
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM/HSPA+
  • Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE on Sprint and Virgin Mobile
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII on Sprint, MetroPCS, US Cellular, Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile
  • Samsung Galaxy Axiom on US Cellular

Tablets

• Asus Nexus 7 (available for purchase on Google Play)
  • Samsung Nexus 10 (available for purchase on Google Play)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I purchased a Galaxy S4 instead of a iPhone and was really looking forward to using Google Wallet only to have Google Wallet tell me "that it is not yet available" for my device.

This anti-competive practice cannot stand.

I'm asking my Congressional Representatives for assistance and suggest you do the same.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@rwatson22 wrote:

I purchased a Galaxy S4 instead of a iPhone and was really looking forward to using Google Wallet only to have Google Wallet tell me "that it is not yet available" for my device.

This anti-competive practice cannot stand.

I'm asking my Congressional Representatives for assistance and suggest you do the same.

who exactly is telling this?

Per googles support site, neither verizon, T-mobile nor att support it

https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/1347934?hl=en

In fact the number of carriers that support goggle wallet is under 5

• HTC One® on Sprint
  • HTC EVO 4G LTE on Sprint
  • LG Viper 4G LTE on Sprint and Zact Mobile
  • LG Optimus Elite on Sprint, Virgin Mobile and Zact Mobile
  • LG Nexus 4 GSM/HSPA+ on Google Play
  • Samsung Galaxy Note® II on Sprint and US Cellular
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 on Sprint, US Cellular, and Google Play
  • Samsung Nexus S 4G on Sprint
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Sprint
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM/HSPA+
  • Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE on Sprint and Virgin Mobile
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII on Sprint, MetroPCS, US Cellular, Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile
  • Samsung Galaxy Axiom on US Cellular

Not much of a leg to stand on for your complaint.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

It could be anti-competitive because the same three carriers that don't support Google Wallet coincidentally support ISIS, a competing service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.