The Samsung Galaxy S24
kosti's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 16th, 2012 6:04 PM

Can we please have Google Wallet functionality?

i have a Galaxy SII Skyrocket. I upgraded to ICS recently, but Google Wallet will still not work because there is no secure element on my phone. I dont quite know how all this works but it seems this is now a problem only my carrier can resolve. I would really like to add something to my SD card or get a new SIM card that has a secure element so i can use this app. if this is something ATT will not ever do, i suppose i can wait until my contract expires and switch to Sprint. Does anyone know what ATT has planned for this?

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

Add me to the list!!  Note 2 please!!

Scholar

• 

62 Messages

11 years ago

The Note 2 and S3 CAN Support Google Wallet but AT&T, like Verizon want to create their own standard which competes with Google Wallet and is potentially a huge profit center.  Basically, they do not want to give up a piece of the pie.  I completely understand this but it is at the customer expense.  Please do not lock us into a technology or we will leave - rather make it great and give us choices.  I beleive that if enoguh people voice their concerns on this issue, we will be herd.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

AGREE!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

If you want to show your customers that it is as much about making them happy as meeting a bottom line you need to enable NFC purchasing.  I am giving serious thought to getting a new Nexus 4 for this kind of capability.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I would also like to have Google Wallet, on my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yes ! Att stop being a bully and locking us from technology! Unlock google wallet and get your customer experience numbers up ! Because right now they are low

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Add my voice to the chorus:  This is rediculous. The phone has the capability, and a lot of us get Android phones to streamline Google functions, like Google Voice. That we can't use Google Wallet is just plain silly. I emailed Google about this, and they referenced this help article, which lists supported phones:

http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1347934

There's not an AT&T phone among them!!! The hardware is no different. Google might want to make a option that would generate a UPC or QR code that can be scanned, like the Starbuck's app does, in order to get around AT&T's block-headed blocking of functionality.  Maybe AT&T is trying to create an exclusive market for a similar AT&T-owned credit service, but it defeats the point of centralizing functions with a smart phone. (Hey, AT&T: Ask Sony how well that business plan worked for them with the Beta!)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I need google wallet too. I upgraded from Motorola Atrix and was shocked to discover that I can no longer use Google wallet. I have to believe that somebody from AT&T reads these forums and they would take an action. This is such a simple issue for them to fix.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Just get a nexus and stop complaining. Att is going to support their own wallet version over goggle wallet

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

I'll chime in here for the One X community... We would like Google Wallet functionality since Isis is not an option for most of us.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.