The Samsung Galaxy S24
JimJesus660's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Wednesday, December 10th, 2014 4:37 PM

Android 4.4.4 for HTC One (M8)

Any word on when we will be getting the 4.4.4(Eye Experience) update for the M8? A few other forum posts here said mid-november, but they haven't been updated recently. Are we going to get it at all, or is AT&T going to go straight to 5.0.1? I know the 4.4.3 update was cancelled, but I was hoping we might get 4.4.4

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

at this point its anyones guess.  I figure since the GPE edition just got lollipop they just skipped the 4.4.4 update.  Now that is my guess.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

That was my expectation and fear. I was just hoping to be able to use 4.4.4 sense-based roms. Currently wi-fi breaks on any 4.4.4 sense rom, so I'm limited to using ones built around 4.4.3 since I have no desire to S-OFF my device.

While this isn't world-ending, it would be nice to be able to keep up to date. I just hope AT&T is more timely with Lollipop than it has been with KitKat. My expectation when buying a flagship phone was that I would be receiving timely updates as promised, not having AT&T just dropping updates because they can't figure out how to make the radios work.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

for one why not s-off?  then you can flash a GPE rom or using venom which by the way rocks on the m8.  wifes using it on hers.  

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Well for one, Firewater no longer works after I foolishly took an OTA, and I really don't want to pay the $25 for sunshine. If there were a free, working S-OFF option, I probably would use it, and then just convert my CID to the developer edition and pull the 4.4.4 OTA that way. And I'm actually currently using Venom, and I absolutely love it. Unfortunately I'm stuck at version 2.5.0 since I don't have the 3.xx.xx firmware. Honestly, the whole reason I've been waiting on the 4.4.4 update from AT&T is so I can update to the latest version of ViperONE without breaking wi-fi.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

@JimJesus660 wrote:

Any word on when we will be getting the 4.4.4(Eye Experience) update for the M8? A few other forum posts here said mid-november, but they haven't been updated recently.

Credible (and up-to-date) sources on another forum say they are having issues with Voice over LTE configuration, and in process of fixing it.  

4.4.4 is still coming, but the exact date is not known.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

I figure since the GPE edition just got lollipop they just skipped the 4.4.4 update.  Now that is my guess.

Folks keep saying things like this on various forums "LP is already coming, so AT&T is skipping 4.4.4".  But its just speculation.

4.4.4 is being worked on, and is coming.  And that isn't speculation.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

Most recent update, is that AT&T is shooting for Dec. 29 for 4.4.4.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Hmm ok, good to know. Hopefully it comes to fruition. At this point, I care more about the firmware that comes with 4.4.4 than I do the actual OS.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@redpoint73 wrote:

source?  I am trying to find that info before I just flash the wifes to GPE.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@redpoint73 wrote:

source?  I am trying to find that info before I just flash the wifes to GPE.

PM sent.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.