The Samsung Galaxy S24
smooth4lyfe's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 12:20 AM

AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Props to Randun for the post

Its FINALLY here! Thank Goodness! Update via Kies

Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Can't get the update to succeed. On Windows 7 and the latest Kies. The update keeps failing - after a long time - with a failure message saying my PC couldn't recognize my phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I downloaded Samsung Kies Air to my PC...connected my GS3 to my  PC....Kies recognized my device. Went to upgrade firmware. Itproceeded to download firmware upgrade components & when it finishes the program Kies closes after that's complete. It does nothing else after "downloading firmware upgrade components" What's going on?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

You may be lucky. I finally got the update to succeed and have had network issues since. Before the update, my GS3 was getting 9,000+ Kb/s download speeds. After the update, the speeds are nothing more than 3G speeds of around 3,000 Kb/s.

I wish that I hadn't updated mine now. I suggest disconnecting yours and rebooting and leaving it as is with ICS till AT&T puts out an OTA official update.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Has anyone had any problems or noticed any bugs with the update or decreased speeds besides Marty_LK?

Guru

• 

815 Messages

11 years ago

I tried to download it last night, I got the latest version of Kies and it was unable to update. I kept checking and it says I am up to date.. so I quit trying.. I hear there is a GPS bug on the update?

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

11 years ago

Im glad my note 2 came with jellybean if its a ota update u good but if its though kies ur phone will have bugs thats why I dont trip about updates anymore I rather keep my stock os

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Marty_LK wrote:

You may be lucky. I finally got the update to succeed and have had network issues since. Before the update, my GS3 was getting 9,000+ Kb/s download speeds. After the update, the speeds are nothing more than 3G speeds of around 3,000 Kb/s.

I wish that I hadn't updated mine now. I suggest disconnecting yours and rebooting and leaving it as is with ICS till AT&T puts out an OTA official update.

This update will not be available OTA.  It's either Kies or nothing.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Galaxy-S-III-Update-to-Jellybean-now-available/td-p/3372677/jump-to/first-unread-message

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

11 years ago

Downloaded mine. The only problem I have had is I can't turn data on and off with the pull down screen it's no longer there. Other than that running like a champ.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Downloaded update ..no problems at all...running on 4g lte. Works alot faster now. No bugs found.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Do troubleshoot and it will install drivers. Then try again that should take care of it
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.