The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I... don't know what to say.

I now have jellybean.

So...
I'm glad I have jellybean now but:

I spent 7 hours on phone/ online support, a trip to the device support center to no avail. That's when I sent pm.

Initial response to that pm was same disappointment but it turns out I was in touch with a motivated, above and beyond type of individual(and I say individual because no one else provided that level of effort)

So she pushed through for me and finally arranged for me to have my device swapped at the store for a new one (I was only a week out of the 14 days). But when I went to the store the new phone had the same issue.. so I came back with the original phone with no jellybean. 2 hours later at home...All of a sudden I am able to get the update no error.......

So.. yay jelly bean but, I am completely frustrated with this experience. Do greatly appreciate the level of service attempted by the last rep (thanks Becca!) But overall experience not so much..... so yay jelly bean boo ATT thanks becca, not sure if that's what ATT was going for.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

After months wait, finally got jelly bean, ya.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Still says my phone is up to date, very frustrating...

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Same here. Just says up to date.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi Jarret, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi Sam, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I was told to try and factory reset my device. I was skeptical but it did update after that. It did not update to Jelly Bean though. I did another reset and it updated the second time to Jelly Bean.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

A lot of people have been talking about battery life after the JB update.  I had the same problem initially, however, JB comes with more features and widgets installed.  One of the biggest drains of the battery, I found, was Google Now. I stopped using it. If you like it, just know that it will drain more of your batery.  Then go into all the settings and adjust the update frequencies of your apps and widgets. Look at your battery info to find what Apps are using the most battery and adjust them.

I now have JB running smoothly, and I think my battery life is better than ICS.  But in all fairness, I spent more time adjusting my apps in JB. I'm not a heavy user, mostly calls and some texting, and I check and respond to some e-mails, with minimal surfing inbetween and I get through the with 75% battery life left on the phone. (50% on heavy use days).

I really like this Phone.

PS - A shout out to Clean Calendar Widget Pro - if your looking for a calendar widgit, this one is super configurable and scalable.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Finally got jelly bean thanks to help from at&t's wonderful customer service! My phone runs even better with jelly bean, no problems at all and I've been running it for a few hours now.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

jarret408, what was the help you received from AT&T, exactly?

Everyone who got the Authentication Error resolved with help of AT&T tech support, please post here what exactly ended up helping you! Each one of us with this error gets a new (and completely clueless) AT&T person when we call, so giving them clues on what to try is really helpful... Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.