The Samsung Galaxy S24
jdftwrth's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 3:38 PM

Samsung infuse undocumeted icon in alert area,

Hi,

I just bought this device and after using it for a few days now, there is an undocumeted icon in the alert area.

It looks like an orange or red arrow pointing down at a small rectangular box,

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks,

JD

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

123 Messages

13 years ago

That icon sounds very much like the one I see when an application from the market is downloading.  Did you pull down the notification bar to see if there was any text associated with it, or if you could click the Clear button and remove it?

Scholar

• 

126 Messages

13 years ago

1. Is there anything listed in the pulldown screen that might give a clue?
  2. Do you have any other apps installed running in the background that may display an icon?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Yeah, I uninstalled them one at a time and when that was done, I resorted to a factory reset to clear the problem up. Now i just need to reinstall apps.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Your right, it was the app download icon, figured this out after I did a factory reset on the phone.

I sure would have been nice if samsung would have documented the icon someplace.

Anyway i spent the night reinstalling each 3rd party app and verifying that everything was ok.

Thanks for all comments.

JD

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

13 years ago

Wait, you did a factory reset because of an icon you didn't recognize? ummm, ok...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

no, i did a factory reset at the behest of the att tech rep because no one could figure out how to get rid of the dang thing.

I have done some real dumb things, but I would not decide on my own to resort to the reset.Smiley Wink

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@jdftwrth wrote:

no, i did a factory reset at the behest of the att tech rep because no one could figure out how to get rid of the dang thing.

I have done some real dumb things, but I would not decide on my own to resort to the reset.Smiley Wink

I'm surprised that the rep told you to "reset the phone" when the icon would have disappeared on its own anyway when you pulled down the notification bar. Hmmm...seems a bit harsh.

But oh well. At least you know what it means, now. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi everyone,

A cassette tape icon often appears at the top of the intro page (where battery icon is . . .) towards the beginning of some phone calls--usually on calls I haven't made before-- and disappears when I'm not using the phone for awhile. It is there right now. but in morning, probably will not be there. I do NOT have any data plan so cannot access internet or go online. The cassette icon is not associated with voicemail or receipt of a text. In addition, at the beginning of many calls, I hear a loud high squeeking noise.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on. Am I being paranoid to think my calls are being tapped?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.