The Samsung Galaxy S24
killerskullz's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 4:39 PM

Samsung Captivate Glide Update PROBLEM!

Hello,

I updated my Captivate Glide to the Androd 4.0 version via the official ATT/Samsung directions found here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00048593&fm_seq=53023

However, after I successfully updated my phone, I have noticed some weird bugs. First off (and the most major one), THE KEYBOARD DOESN'T LIGHT UP... That's a big bummer, does anyone know how to fix it? And also, the phone seems to lag at times when scrolling or just navigating web pages... That's just a minor issue though. But does anyone have a SOLUTION for the backligh on the keyboard not working? ATT/Samsung fix the problem please!!!!

Thanks

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

@kamarsh wrote:

Does AT&T support monitor these threads?   I don't understand why there isn't a reply on what is being done to fix this, and when.   My wife just got this phone a week before the "upgrade" (ha) and is already ready to toss it.

No, this forum is for customers to help other customers. As far as I know, this isn't meant to be an official support channel.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

According to my son (a symantec employee and social media tech) any responsible company would be paying attention, especially to a forum which is hosted on their website. I guess we know how ATT views their customers. 😞
Although, I think this is a samsung problem as well...

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

it will prob be fixed soon

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

12 years ago

Ah, the beauty of the oligopoly. AT&T doesn't need to care about its customers! For every annoyed customer who leaves, there's an annoyed Verizon/Sprint/TMobile customer who arrives. That's also why the prices never come down....

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Interesting to note-
the link to the ICS update now says: "The update for the Samsung Captivate Glide has been put on hold while Samsung works to optimize the update for our users."
So, they're working on it--I hope we'll get relief soon!!! (Have more hope in Samsung than ATT)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

also incomming texts dont scroll across the top anymore when in your lock screen

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is an official fix from XDA. It worked flawlessly on my Captivate Glide ICS 4.0.4
-Keyboard illuminates
-eliminated error messages also
I rooted my phone with SU 3.2 RC3 first, then applied the fix.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

itsnt it sad that our phones can barely make or recieve calls anymore?

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

I have no problems with calls or texting, or really anything vital. I occasionally get multiple texts, and the keyboard doesn't light up.

If you are having phone problems, you NEED to do a factory reset. Back up everything then do it!!! All other problems disappeared when I did this (yes-it was a pain in the butt, but solved soooooo many initial problems.)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

How do i back up everything? Then the factory reset is done how?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.