The Samsung Galaxy S24
erickm's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 4th, 2011 3:06 PM

Closed

Inspire GB update, when?

I saw on another board someone saying they have info from somewhere saying today is supposed to be the day. Any idea if that's true? and do we need to click htc wifi update or at&t update to check for it? or does it come through another way?

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

13 years ago

Forgot to mention. Battery life is awsome.  I am now able to get a full day out of the battery with normal usage where before the update I was charging by lunch time when I unplugged from the charger around 7:30 am. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

it comes through when you are connected to wifi becasue it does take a few minutes to download.  need to go to the htc wifi update to go through the update.

i love the update so far by the way 🙂

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Downloaded the update this morning before work while on the home Wi-Fi, then ran the install while in the car driving in to the office. Took about 10 minutes total maybe... Works great. No issue with messaging contacts at all, works just like it always has. My phone had not taken the 3'rd party update after a month and a half of AT&T trying to make it happen (I got tired of waiting rooted and did it myself), but this update went flawlessly. No issues at all, and I beat the heck out of it today.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

@Wild Child wrote:

Its with a few third party as well this is why they are going to probably re issue a OTA with a fixed build....

Please cite you source.

which as I said was confirmed by HTC last night during my phone call with them

WC

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Updated last night and all my Contacts disappeared.  Stil have not figured out how to get them back.  Anyone figured it out?

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

13 years ago

Mark, go to Contacts, Menu and View. My phone has boxes for Google, SIM and Phone. (I have all my contacts in Google)

Maybe check all the boxes and see if they appear??

I got the system update for Android 2.3 and installed it yesterday. It did add the box for "Unkown Sources" so then I was able to download the Amazon app store.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Have been on the phone with AT&T, they are now aware of the contact issue, tier technician called HTC while I was on the phone and transferred call...It is a known issue and they do not have a solution yet....For those with the issue...you can actually downgrade without voiding warranty..

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

WC

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Since this post has been edited and my helpful link has been removed....do not understand why as i have seen mentions of rooting etc in posts on here...and it was relevant to the topic of a faulty update and offering a solution to those having the bug of no contacts after the update....Annnnd since I cannot edit it just delete the post@moderates and I will not submit nor attempt to help any members here having issues with their device...

Thank you for your time....

WC

"Have been on the phone with AT&T, they are now aware of the contact issue, tier technician called HTC while I was on the phone and transferred call...It is a known issue and they do not have a solution yet....For those with the issue...you can actually downgrade without voiding warranty..

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]."

Scholar

• 

236 Messages

13 years ago

I got mine. I didn't even know it was coming. I just happened to check.. You do have to click on the update, doesn't update automatically. My phone worked fine before but its better with gb. Battery life is improved a lot although I imagine nonandroid phones stil have a better battery life than I do.

@erickm wrote:

I saw on another board someone saying they have info from somewhere saying today is supposed to be the day. Any idea if that's true? and do we need to click htc wifi update or at&t update to check for it? or does it come through another way?

Scholar

• 

236 Messages

13 years ago

GB is referring to gingerbread or OS 2.3. Your inspire probably came with froyo (2.2). Android names their operating systems with sweet treat kind of things so you had eclair (can't remember before that) than froyo (frozen Yogurt), now gingerbreat and next will be honeycomb followed by ice cream.

@Hanagan wrote:

Please explain what a "GB Update" .

Thanks.

Hanagan

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.