The Samsung Galaxy S24
slycat75's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 8th, 2013 3:22 PM

HTC rolls out Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for HTC One

When will AT&T be pushing out the update to it's users? (Android 4.2.2 for HTC One)

Can someone from AT&T respond?  Realize this may be a long shot but figured I'd try.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

My HTC One has reported a software update. 254.6 mg. Downloading now, not sure what the update is. Will report back after installation.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

firmware update

Still 4.1.2

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

The update to the HTC One is not 4.2.2. It is an update to enable Bands 2 and 5 for LTE use. 🙂

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

@slycat75 wrote:

When will AT&T be pushing out the update to it's users? (Android 4.2.2 for HTC One)

Can someone from AT&T respond?  Realize this may be a long shot but figured I'd try.

Right now, the update is in the UK. HTC One releases it to the carriers and they (carriers) go through the sorce code line by line and add/delete information they want/don't want in the update.

AT&T is known for taking an exorbitant amount of time reviewing update releases...except for Blackberry devices and I have no idea why that is but I still have  Blackberry phone.

The 4.2.2 update has been in the UK all July so the US should be seeing it sometime this month I'm guessing.

Just saying

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

They will be selling the HTC withKey Lime Pie stock before ATT sends out the 4.2.2 update lol.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

11 years ago

@kgbkny wrote:

The main reason why U.S. carriers meddle in the update process is to make sure that their bloatware, I mean, carrier-specific apps, function properly with the software updates. After all, it's extremely important that AT&T Navigator and Yellow Pages work, otherwise the update is worthless! With regards to the HTC One, I always wondered who was the genius at HTC to make the decision to release a high-end phone with outdated software.

I wouldn't expect AT&T to issue this update any time soon, as AT&T is known for severe update delays. For instance, all other U.S. carriers have already released the 4.1.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 several months ago. AT&T's version is still stuck on 4.1.1. When questioned about the delay, AT&T keeps pulling out the "testing" excuse. Mind you, a custom ROM based on T-Mobile's official version works flawlessly on AT&T's variant.

After waiting (and waiting....and waiting....) for AT&T to update the Galaxy S3, I made the decision to completely remove the carrier from the update process by purchasing the Galaxy S4 Google Edition. Never again will I allow carriers to block updates.

Ya but the Verizon Gs3 4.1.2 Update Doesn't include multi-window unlike the AT&T build so meh i would rather wait and get everything then Get it first and get the gimped version 🙂

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@Closingracer:

Verizon GS3 had multiview since late May. Sprint had it since April.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Looks like HTC is going to push 4.3 to the US and skip 4.2.2.  Won't be seeing it until September or later I guess from what I see posted.  Oh well, I'm looking forward to the HTC tweaks.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

Saw that on Twitter yesterday. According to HTC's persistent of global sales, since 4.2.2 is a small update they decided to jump right to 4.3. http://goo.gl/gRXZHf

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

Here is his tweet.. http://goo.gl/8KWXsO

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.