The Samsung Galaxy S24
Lenneth1985's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, July 21st, 2013 5:57 AM

HTC One cannot update

Hi, I have an HTC One that was bought from AT&T but right now, I'm in the Philippines and unlocked the device so I can use SIM from the network providers here. However, it seems like I'm having a hard time getting updates, I can't even update the firmware to the 1.26.502.12 version, I'm wondering what could be the problem, I'm really thinking of getting custom ROMs already just yo have this phone updated, can somebody enlighten me?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hi there!

Unlocking the device only allows you to use the device on different wireless providers as you have mentioned.

However, if you bought the AT&T branded HTC One, then updates would still be only available when AT&T releases them after testing. It will not get the international released updates per se. If there are no updates available for your phone, it is because it is already up to date for the carrier version. 🙂

Hope that makes sense. 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thing is,  the support site from htc says that I should have 1.26.502.12 as the latest firmware version and if I have anything lower than that then I should be able to update my device.  What I have right now is the 1.26.502.10 only.  Does my location affect the system update since I'm no longer using an AT&T SIM? 

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

It should not since usually AT&T updates require Wi-Fi to be on to search and download updates. Have you seen if you are able to download the missing update from the HTC website?

If all fails, I would try giving HTC a call and ask if they could push the update to your device.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

So,  what should really be the latest firmware version should be the one provided by AT&T then?? Eventhough it was specifically stated that the firmware version is for AT&T branded devices?? 

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, even if your device is unlocked, it will only be updated as AT&T makes them available to customers.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I see...  Sad,  'coz from ehat I've read,  it takes a long time for AT&T to update software,  like the last carrier to give software updates.  Thanks still for the rrplies @evandela

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a HTC One and I still can not update my phone even though I know AT&T has pushed out the update.  Can anyone help?  

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@Sigann wrote:

I have a HTC One and I still can not update my phone even though I know AT&T has pushed out the update.  Can anyone help?  

You can try to back up your personal data, then do a factory reset.  Sometimes this will prompt the update to go through.  Or you can ask an AT&T second tier customer support person to push the update again (1st tier CS typically cannot do this).

Neither is a sure solution.  Your surest bet is to download the RUU and update manually.  But be aware this will wipe your phone, so backup any important personal data first.

Go to the following webpage, pick "News & download" on the left side of the page, and follow instructions for the manually system update:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/news.aspx?p_id=628&p_name=htc-one-att

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

me too 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

i bought htc one at&t in ebay, but canot update it. im from albania  can you help me please ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.