The Samsung Galaxy S24
jlwatson's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 4th, 2012 6:27 PM

HTC Inspire 4G update problem

I received a text message from AT&T about 3 days ago telling me there was a critical software update for my phone. I have been trying to download the update but I get a "Server Unavailable" error. I am connected to WiFi and have tried at various times of the day. What can I do to get this update?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@TJW1993 wrote:
when i click "install now" my phone shuts down...........then i get a white triangle with a yellow ! in it and a blue android. Nothing after that. Hours later......SAME. Is This what happens??

That is the stock recovery.  It means the firmware is missing or damaged, which means the update did not install properly.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@TJW1993 wrote:
I went to the store, they reset their system and mine and still nothing. We have a corporate office here.

What did they do at the store, just give up?  Or did they tell you to take any other action?

Running the RUU may bring your phone back.  Download it to your home computer, connect the phone via USB, and run the RUU:  http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-inspire-4g-att/software-updates

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

turn off your wifi and mobile and then click update then it should work

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

turn them off

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am also having problems updating my HTC Inspire. it tells me that I need an sd card and I already have one installed.Don't Know what to do. Can some one help?

@jlwatson wrote:
I received a text message from AT&T about 3 days ago telling me there was a critical software update for my phone. I have been trying to download the update but I get a "Server Unavailable" error. I am connected to WiFi and have tried at various times of the day. What can I do to get this update?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Just updated software using the dial-in number - no problems (had not gotten the notice over the phone back in July, or didn't see it)

The screen does go dark during the download, but the phone beeps when it is complete, just unlock the screen and hit the"OK" button to install - it is Android 2.3.5 (still) but upgrades to Sense 3.0

Everything seems to run smoother - the App Market interface is much updated, as is the App updating process

As someone previously noted - the Gallery app on the main screen stopped working - simply deleted it and replaced with the Gallery icon from the app page - works fine - Gallery also has an updated interface. The Mail interface also seems to be updated a bit.

Much better experience than the last time when I tried the last update this past summer - the phone turned into a brick and I had to go to the local AT&T support center and exchange it. AT&T 800 support tried to give me a song and dance about the phone being dropped or water damage (no such thing) due to the color of some small indicator that you see when you remove the back bottom cover - however, the replacement phone had the same color in its indicator - go figure. The 800 service did refer me to the support center (that I had no idea existed) so I'll give them a pass on their bad advice.

So far so good - but I just updated about an hour ago - we'll see. If I have any problems I'll post a follow up.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I cannot figure out why I can’t find ‘Unknown Sources’ listed under applications on my Inspire. I have the same HTC inspire with AT&T that my husband has. I got his to update today using the code provided above. It was kinda weird because I dialed it three times and when I’d enter the last digit everything I typed would disappear before I could hit the call button. And then while I was trying to add the number to my people list and try to call that way a window popped up and asked if I wanted to install the update. So now my husband’s is Android 2.3.5, HTC Sense 3.0. So I was trying to update my phone next and the directions that came in the text from AT&T said to go to Menu-Settings-Applications-Manage Applications and make sure that Unknown Sources is Selected. I didn’t need to go into manage applications on my husband’s phone because Unknown Sources were at the top of the Applications list. I have searched everywhere on my phone and ‘Unknown Sources’ isn’t listed anywhere. Why don’t I have it on My Phone!  And while I’m searching my phone I see mine already has the same Android and HTC Sense version I just installed on my husbands. So why did AT&T send me this update to my phone if my phone already has the AT&T 3.2.5 and the HTC 3.0? I am hesitant to use the code listed on this thread since my phone already has the same version number. Our software # is 3.20.502.52 710RD. Did some people already have the 3.2.5 and update anyway? Should I just leave my phone alone? It said it was a critical update.

Thank you for your time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

worked perfectly!
thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same problem not only with my HTC Inspire but with my husband's Samsung as well

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Well what do ya know?  It works!  

Thanks for the info, Allen!

@allen0903 wrote:
Dial *#*#682#*#* in your phone. The update will start automatically.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.