The Samsung Galaxy S24
xamadeix's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:46 PM

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Best buy says November 13th, Has anyone gotten the update yet? I know it's still early..

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

I was looking at an AT&T Galaxy Note 3 last night as someone new to android was asking me to show them some tricks to it. I currently own an S4.  I told them if you turn off your mobile data thru the notification panel you can save a lot of battery loss, so i showed them how quickly they can do that on the S4.  Then I looked at their Galaxy Note 3 running 4.3, and that MOBILE DATA toggle was missing from the page of  icons for the Notification Panel.  
This is a  big one for me before i upgrade to AT&T's latest software in a few weeks.   I suppose no one knows now if we will see the same icon missing at this time.  If AT&T is reading this, can you make sure that switch is there in the 4.3 update of the the Samsung Galaxy s4?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello pete3000,

Unfortunately, I don't believe anyone can share out any specific update details until it's released. Just in case it's not configured the way you prefer, I just want to let you know, from my personal experience, there are several widgets you can download that will put the toggle right on your home screen, or other launcher apps that allow you to customize any android phone in many ways, including notification bar.

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

is it possible to pass this request on to the developers?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Most of the Galaxy S4's already have 4.3 or at least that's what I understand.  I'm expecting (from info from several other sources) that today is the day that my S3 gets 4.3.  I reserve the right to be corrected though.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Best buy leak says the s4 would receive it on the 13th.. they were right about sprint and tmobile.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

At&t has not updated the S4 yet and today is only a rumor so far.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have been waiting as well.  Every place I've read said that the S4 would be on 4.3 today.  Frustrating since I've purchased a Galaxy Gear.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have been in contact with an AT&T Rep who has no idea when 4.3 will be released. I expressed my frustration about this and it appears that we could be waiting longer than today.  If you don't feel like a hostage then how about surpressed?  This is totally unacceptable in my eyes as we the consumers can't enjoy updates, features like the other carriers are enjoying.  Right now I am contemplating going to Verizon. They offer crappy plans, but at least their plans will available for use at designated or earlier times.  I am venting and I apologize, but this is (again) totally unacceptable.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I feel the same way its unbelievable that other wireless carriers get it first! I have been waiting a long time for thid update AT&T has disappointed me.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Updates usually come through only in the night. Even Verizon folks got the update at around 10.30pm CT. Even I would be happy to get the update now, but thats how it works.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.