The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

I'd like to volunteer as a beta tester!!

More bars in more places.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@jrdavis1965 wrote:

Interesting.... On Samsung's page for the ATT Galaxy SIII it shows that it ships with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).   ATT site still shows ICS.    Which is right?  And if new SIII are shipping with 4.1..... where is the OTA update for current phones?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-I747MBBATT

To clarify per Samsung correspondence to me, please see the following:

"Currently, this mobile device is operating on Android™ version 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (I747UCLI5 / I747UCLH9). This update (I747UCALI5 10/11/2012) was applied to newly produced devices. Existing customers will receive these updates during the next scheduled OTA from AT&T."

This particular update was confirmed on XDA to be a leaked version of a non-JB update. As for what Samsung is advertising, I'm pretty confident that if you visited your local AT&T store & purchased a new GS3, it wouldn't have 4.1 instaled on it.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

It doesn't matter if one customer or a million are using the phone, the only issue is their freak'in bloodware that the put on every phone and that they care about you once you are under contract.

[word filter avoidance]

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

Good lord I guess I don't have enough post to quote one... good grief...

why would they only care about their bloatware? that's popiecock!

More bars in more places!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Very simple to answer because they make money if that applications.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@regnator wrote:

Many of us understand that with a large network and such a large user base there is a great deal of work that needs be done to make sure the update is stable and will not cause additional problems for the users.

With all due respect, if this is how AT&T feels, it's a cop-out. Google has no problems pushing out Android updates to their Nexus phones. I've run one on both AT&T and T-Mobile and haven't had any stability issues or encountered any problems. Samsung has already pushed out Jellybean to the unlocked GS3 phones (not to mention scores of carrier versions all over the world), which operated just fine.

It has nothing to do with stability or perceived problems. AT&T doesn't care about issuing timely updates, and that's all there is to it. Also, if "very near future" is anything like "update coming soon" in the original Galaxy S days, it could be anything from several weeks to several months.

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

They make mony by installing them on the phone?

Scholar

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, jamileh, for replying! 😄

Can you peek inside your source if they can let us know if they've been working on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 or Android Jelly Bean 4.1? The @ATTCustomerCares Twitter handle said 4.2 and I want to make sure that was not a typo. 🙂

Thanks, 🙂

~Ibrahim~

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@ikjadoon wrote:

Thanks, jamileh, for replying! 😄

@can you peek inside your source if they can let us know if they've been working on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 or Android Jelly Bean 4.1? The @ATTCustomerCares Twitter handle said 4.2 and I want to make sure that was not a typo. 🙂

Thanks, 🙂

~Ibrahim~

The update will be 4.2 per AT&T.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Do you think AT&T and Verizon are going to one up the other carriers and push 4.2 ?

if they do that, it would greatly satisfy S3 user's. I think we can all agree to that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.