The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

That was the last phone I got from this crappy company called AT&T. Bloody stupid freaks Cat Mad

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

So, let's get back on subject here... WHERE THE HECK IS JELLY BEAN AT&T

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

I am getting really fed up with the fact that AT&T hasn't released jelly bean for the galaxy s3

one of the AT&T reps stated on the phone two weeks ago to me that AT&T was to release the update the next day. 

Robot FrustratedSmiley Frustrated

What happened? There is obviously a major issue that both AT&T and Verizon refuses to admit publicly. Could it involve the lawsuit apple is throwing out that now may include jelly bean? Enough is enough. We all pay way too much money for cell service and we deserve timely updates at the very least. Apple figured out how to efficiently provide updates in a one shot method to all their iOS devices. Google and Samsung released jelly bean months ago to each carrier for testing. Sprint and T mobile pushed the update already. AT&T and Verizon both have tremendously larger resources that could've executed a jelly bean update months ago , but that of course didn't happen. what is going on here AT&T ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

i always just wanted to start a petition and see how many people would sign it and maybe if they saw how many people were annoyed it would actually do something. Probably not though. Im still equally mad that there is no easy fix for the copy paste problem.

-Sign

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

okay guys lets be real.. When they announced the ICS update for the S2 Skyrocket last November 2011 it did not came out till July. and AT&T known for delaying updates. The fact that they probably want more sales in there new phone such as the HTC one X plus, Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Espress, Xperia TL, Lumia 920 and the iPhone 5. Ive came in to this conclusion because if you go to shop phones you will find the S3 in the bottom of the list. 

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Oh, the copy and paste problem. Don't even get me started with that. Although, that is more on Samsung than AT&T. It is a joke though how thousands have complained about the copy and paste malfunctioning and yet the only answer is to perform a factory reset.

I have to hand it to Apple for laying out a fairly stable OS.

Anyway, getting back to my original point: AT&T WHAT IS THE DEAL? HELLOOOOOO???????????????

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey all...

We are aware that a Jellybean update for Samsung Galaxy III is available from Android and AT&T will have the update available for our customers in the very near future.

I can't speculate on dates but as soon as I have more info to share, I will update this thread. Thanks for your patience. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

In the very near future you can travel to the moon for your vacation. Sorry but an announcement with "in the very near future" basically means "we are incompetent to manage anything in time and have no idea when we get the job done".

As I said, last phone that I got from AT&T and I'm out of contract soon.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Interesting.... On Samsung's page for the ATT Galaxy SIII it shows that it ships with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).   ATT site still shows ICS.    Which is right?  And if new SIII are shipping with 4.1..... where is the OTA update for current phones?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-I747MBBATT

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you Jamileh for the feedback, we are excited to get this update. Many of us understand that with a large network and such a large user base there is a great deal of work that needs be done to make sure the update is stable and will not cause additional problems for the users. In that spirit is it possible to volunteer to be one of the beta testers?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.