Get the myAT&T app
enricoc's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 6th, 2015 3:12 AM

World Connect 400% Rate Increase

I signed up for the International calling plan World Connect Value. I pay $5.00 per month and 0.01 cents per minute. I received a notice that this rate for International calls will be increased to 0.05 per minute after January 31, 2015. My current bill for 409 minutes of calls to Costa Rica is $4.09 after January 31, 2015 it will increase to $20.45. THIS IS AN INCREASE OF 400%. IS THIS LEGAL I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN TO THE FCC. I hope other will; join me in protesting the outragous increase in rate per minute of International calls,  

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

AT&T has the right to change prices. If you don't like the price that AT&T is charging, you have the right to change.

If you look at the rates, some of them raised to $.20 from $.01. AT&T brought their prices in line with other providers.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

$26 for 7 hours of calling outside the USA sounds like a bargain.

Have we gotten so spoiled that we don't remember what it cost for toll calls?, long distance? Or international long distances?

My sister lives 3 towns over and was a toll call at something like $ .09 a minute. We had to budget our cell calling to make sure we both didn't go over our "minutes" back in the 700 minutes with free notes and weekend days.

And those rates are still cheaper than adding Vonage.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

While you have a point, keep in mind that the other 3 major carriers have even a better plan than AT&T. The way this was done was "here's a text message effective today, but we'll give you 30 days for being a customer". An increase of 500%-2000% is quite high. How can it be that calls to Mexico are now free yet to other countries the increases were this high? This is an unfortunate step backwards for AT&T done at the wrong time. 

- Verizon has a Call the World Plan with 1,000 International Minutes for $20 http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/global/international-long-distance.html

-Sprint offers a similar plan for $15 - http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/services_solutions/details.jsp?detId=international_dialing&catId=service_international&catName=International%20Services&detName=International%20Dialing%20from%20the%20U.S.

T-Mobile does the similar for $15 - http://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/international-calling.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This is ridiculous. I didn't get a notice about this until my bill showed up $45 higher than usual. Yes they have the right to do what they want but it is sneaky and just poor taste. How do you justify a 400% increase on people who have been using this service? Why do they try so hard to screw current customers so bad? Why can't I have my bill for 2 years and expect the same bill every month? Why should I as a customer have to constantly keep my eye on a company that I am a customer of and figure out where they will screw me next. That just speaks volumes to me as a customer.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.