Get the myAT&T app
wonderwoman1982's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, November 20th, 2014 4:33 PM

When will Family Mapping function properly and be able to locate phones that are on LTE network??

My family mapping service recently stopped working, and AT&T told me that due to Google doing an update, and changing some settings (separate from AT&T) that the mapping service will no longer work, but MAYBE 20% of the time, or less. They said it was due to the service not supporting LTE phones/network. 

I asked why they couldn't DISABLE the LTE on the phones in question, because they had done that before for me. I was told they can't do that anymore, because they'll "get in trouble" now, and even though they HAD done that before, they "weren't supposed to" anymore, because it causes "other" features to not work. 

So now, I am waiting for some more solid answers before I cancel Family Mapping. There is no point in having it, if it won't work, right? AT&T also told me I'd be better off using some Google service for lacating, but I haven no idea what that service is, so does anyone know of another "family mapping" type thing that will work on your newer AT&T smartphones that are LTE?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Same problem here. Family Map has become useless. I have submitted a case.... twice. Hopefully they will do something SOON.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

I have also turned in 2 cases. I will give them 2 more days and then I will begin asking for a refund. They seem to think (or say) its only me with the problem and I point them to this blog to read everyone else's complaints too. They are on a time clock now...If they can't fix this problem, I am throwing my money out the window on a service that doesn't work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.