Get the myAT&T app
Sheeco's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 20th, 2014 1:51 PM

Visual Voicemail won't work on WiFi

I recently moved from Verizon after spending 8 years with them. I have an iPhone and I was trying to access my visual voicemail and I noticed it does not work. I called Tech support and I was SHOCKED to know that VVM won't work on WiFi.

So, If I am at the office or at work, I have to disable the WiFi connection so I can listen to the darn thing then enable the WiFi again..... REALLY !

Is this real? Is this 2014 technology? Did I get the wrong info? Are all of you, AT&T customers "Suffering" from this? I am not being sarcastic but I am really bummed out about this. 

Any advice you guys can share or any AT&T tech can address this in a non intelligent-insulting way?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Sheeco 

Your visual voicemail should work just fine with wi-fi as long as your cellular data is also enabled and available. Do you have any service issues at those location that may prevent your phone from accessing cellular data?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

No I don't. This was what the AT&T tech support told me !

Sent from the greatest innovation ever.... iPhone!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

"Your visual voicemail should work just fine with wi-fi as long as your cellular data is also enabled and available."

Doesn't this mean it won't work strictly with wifi alone? I've found that my visual voicemail only downloads voicemails to my iPhone if I'm connected to cellular data and I can then listen to them after disconnecting if I want. But they will not download if data is off in my settings. Which is a hassle because I turn my data off when I'm at home or anywhere else there is wifi to save data.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@erudo11 wrote:

"Your visual voicemail should work just fine with wi-fi as long as your cellular data is also enabled and available."

Doesn't this mean it won't work strictly with wifi alone? I've found that my visual voicemail only downloads voicemails to my iPhone if I'm connected to cellular data and I can then listen to them after disconnecting if I want. But they will not download if data is off in my settings. Which is a hassle because I turn my data off when I'm at home or anywhere else there is wifi to save data.

That is correct. Visual Voice mail only works over cellular data with one possible exception. If wifi calling is in effect, in other words the phone's connection to the cellular network is over wifi, I'm pretty sure visual voice mail will work over the wifi connection also. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.