For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
feildwb's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, December 19th, 2014 4:34 PM

Issues with AT&T FamilyMap

For the last several days I continue to get reports on the location of the two phones on my FamilyMap service. I am told each time that the phone location is either unavailable or "XXX's phone could not be accurately located. Please try again in 5 minutes. ".

The phones are fine and are within the AT&T area - nothing is different from last week when FamilyMap reports of their locations came in properly.

Can you please advise regarding why the service is not functioning properly?

Regards,

feildwb

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Having similar issues. Was working fine then stopped, looking like the feature was removed from our account and a new feature is available.... Had to call 611 to get it reset up and still not working...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

has any one found out how to fix this. mine work for the free month so i kept it. now it will not pick up my daughter phone, i deleted her then re added her back work 1 time and that its.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

No. AT&T FamilyMap worked the issue and found that problem is at their end with some iPhone 5's and most iPhone 6's. It has to do with the LTE service on those phones and the inability of FamilyMap to connect properly. You can disable this service and use 3G/4G and this works.

You do have to have the FamilyMap app installed and working on the phones as well.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.