Get the myAT&T app
KatGamer's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 3:47 AM

If you block someone's text are they notified?

When using Smart Limits to block a number, if that number tries to text you, do they get an error message or a message that says they are blocked, or does the text just appear to go through like normal?

Employee

• 

33 Messages

13 years ago

If the person who is trying to text you is an AT&T customer, they would receive a text message that says: The wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming msgs at this time.

If they are not an AT&T customer, they would not get a message back and they would not know whether or not their message was successful.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything else.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

i want to block a number on my childs phone and dont want them to know it,

is there a way

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

13 years ago

The parental control feature, called Smart Limits, allows you to block up to 15 numbers from calling and texting. The feature is $4.99 a month.

Employee

• 

33 Messages

13 years ago

Hi, bcaziam. Thanks for your post! There isn't a current option available to prevent the phone attached to the wireless number you're trying to block from receiving this standard text message:"The wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming msgs at this time."

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you Texas_Mom.  Good to know.

Do you know about what shows up on the caller's phone?  Say I block a number on my son's phone from him texting that number or that number texting him.  When he tries to text that number does he get a message that says he has been blocked from texting that number or does it just show it has gone through?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Yes it sends your son a text saying that its been blocked if yiu use AT&T smartlimits

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I know that blocking a number for texts on an iphone won't work if the other person is an iphone user because they can simply send an imessage, but will it work for calls?  I thought the block feature/smartlimit would work for calls even on an iphone.  The previous comments are making me wonder.  Please advise.  Thanks! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

You have to turn your iMessage off when blocking with an iPhone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

How do I know my text messages are being blocked? If the person blocking me is a sprint customer?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

For those iPhone users not aware iOS 7 will fix this! It has a full blocking feature that's blocks calls, texts, iMessage , Face Time etc
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.