For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
summerskies's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 2:57 PM

Family Map cannot locate HTC Desire

My son's phone died and I bought him an HTC Desire and a new sim card. Family map worked ok before, but now, with the new phone, will not locate unless he is talking on the phone. When he is talking on the phone it finds it just fine. If not, family map returns the message saying his phone is off or out of AT&T coverage.

I've worked with his phone myself. With his phone on, and good signal, it will not locate the phone unless it is being talked on. I deleted the number from the family map account and then re-added. Also I clicked the text which allows the phone to be tracked.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

It's because it's LTE. I'm having the same issue right now. Service worked fine for years, and all the sudden a few weeks ago, stopped working. Unless AT&T addresses this issue, it's not going to work anymore. I spoke to a tech support guy last night about this very issue. Was not given a solution, either.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

did you download the firmware update recently?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Not sure if the phone firmware has been upgraded. I did download an adroid family map ap for grins & giggles to see if it helped. It did not.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.