For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

Its so funny to watch this conversation progress with the hundreds of people who all feel tricked by AT&T. Its also funny to see AT&T react. Apparently, they were tired of all the agreement against their plan becuase the "Kudos" option has now disappeared from the conversation.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@rickmagley wrote:

Its so funny to watch this conversation progress with the hundreds of people who all feel tricked by AT&T. Its also funny to see AT&T react. Apparently, they were tired of all the agreement against their plan becuase the "Kudos" option has now disappeared from the conversation.

You're right, they were so concerned about the negative feedback on this one topic that they replaced their entire support forums software and the "kudo" feature is not present in the new software.  It was all a conspiracy to hide the real issue...

If anyone reads the AT&T website on the servies, or watches the TV commercials, or even reads the documentation provided when you sign the service agreements, they would be aware of the facts here.  Regretfully, everyone is quick to change service plans and "save money" and no one is willing to read the terms of their new service plan assuming that the upgrade conditions will be exactly the same as their old plans.  Well, I shoudln't say everyone, becauses there are some who read the terms and understood them before agreeing to (or not agreeing to) changing their plans.  You have the choice to purchse your device at full price and not sign a service contract and still get the discount on your service for not having a contract subsidized new phone.  You also have the choice to sign a contract and no longer get the discount since you chose to get a contract subsidzed phone.  You still have both choices.  What choice you don't have is to get the out of contract discount and still get the contract subsidzed phone, which seems to be what most people are complaining about. They want both, a subsidized phone, and a non-subsidized service rate.  They are mutually exclusive.  You have to pay for the phone one way or another, it is just your choice now.  A few years ago, you always paid the higher contract subsidized service rate whether or noth you got the subsidized phone.  People complained, and AT&T provided for you to get the discounted serivce rate if you don't have the phone subsidy.  At least you don't live in Europe where everyone has to pay the full un-subsidzed phone price, you still have the choice to get thephone at a discount and pay higher rates for service.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Welcome! You are now chatting with 'Marie '

Sopheak: Hello Marie

Marie : Hi Sopheak! I'll be glad to assist you with your plan and bill. 🙂

Sopheak: please take a look at my plan.. and see how I can lower my bill and

Sopheak: get my FAN discount

Marie : Of course. Let me check the account

Sopheak: ok

Sopheak: . . .

Marie : Upon checking the account, what I can recommend is our 10GB Mobile Share Value plan. It has unlimited talk and text and 10GB data to be shared. That's $160/monthly before the discount and taxes. 🙂

Sopheak: OKay.. how does that work? Sopheak: let me look at the web site Sopheak: hmmm.. 

Sopheak: that's for new customer only ? no?

Marie : Please go ahead and login to your online account.

Marie : It's for all customers. 🙂

Sopheak: 2 lines for 130 + 15 +15 for my other two lines.

Sopheak: what if one of my line is NOT a " phone.?SMART"

Sopheak: can that line be upgrade to a smart phone?

Marie : Its $100 for the plan and $15 per device.

Sopheak: how long is this contract?

Marie : You can definitely change the phone to a smartphone anytime.

Marie : There is no contract on the plan. Just on the lines.

Sopheak: for my forth phone . . . if I change that to a smart phone it'd be still 15$ per month?

Marie : Yes.

Sopheak: ie. iphone 5C @ 99$ for two years contract.

Marie : Yes.

Sopheak: b/c I'm reading that it might be for the NEXT contract

Sopheak: so this is NOT the next contract.. -because I do not like that..

Marie : This is not the AT&T Next program. This is just the Mobile Share Value plan with a 2 year contract.

Sopheak: got it.. that mean I can upgrade my phone every two years @ the subsidy price, correct?

Marie : That's is correct! 🙂 

***They are charging me over 200$ for 4 phones and 10gb shared data.***

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal information such as full names]

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@sopheakreal - Aww, seems there was some confusion here. 😞 If you opt for the 2 year contract, the line access fee will then be $40 as opposed to $15 on the Next plan. How long ago did you upgrade? Has it been less than 14 days? If so, you can return the phone(s) and get upgrade eligibility status again, enabling you to select the Next plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just found out that my discount on my phones was cancelled for 3 phones we upgraded. The phones were ordered online through a military website! On my phone receipt it stated that the rate plan was to stay the same, which means to me, that nothing changes. Come to find out, that wasn't the case, I have been talking to a number of "reps" who just say "they" told you when you upgraded the phones! Which no one did.
I inquired about be grandfathered back into my plan, but they said AT&T want people off the contracts, which is why the plan went up $25 per line x 3 lines! I was expecting the bill to be $170 for the shared 10 G plan, which it was for 1 month, the next bill was $443.40! Now it is $268 a month, which I am supposedly locked into! This is not a way to keep customers! I am waiting on a call, finally called back and was told my case was closed! Where do I go now? More than frustrated! This is not the American way!

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

In short, AT&T gave you the new customer promotion.

New customers get the super low price if AT&T doesnt have to pay for phones.

It's a choice of pay more for the phones, or pay more for the service. If you pick more for the service, then you have a few more options for how, ie contract, AT&T Next.

Especially if you have 10gb or higher, AT&T next saves you $100-$200 off most smartphones.

Check out the details at www.myattrpc.com and www.attcalc.com/next

-Alex

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

ATT has blatant false advertising.  4-lines, 10GB Data, $160/mth.  Thats what all their comercials say, but they don't mention that there are strings attached.  That you have to qualify to get the deal? Do they want customers or not?  Have been an ATT customer for over 10 Years, and recently upgraded 2 of my familys 4-lines, and wanted to get the $160 family plan.  I asked for that at the time of the upgrade, and was told no problem, just get the upgrades and then call ATT to change the plan.  Well, when I called to change the plan, I was told I wasn't eligible because of the recent upgrade? What??? Well ATT this is the last straw, in another year, you will not be my provider.  Because its on my calendar to make sure I don't forget!  Lies and false advertising!

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

False advertisement and also not telling the whole terms. I been with att before they became att. I had 5

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I had 5 lines. 3 out of 5 lines had unlimited data. Well long story short, new shared data plan comes out and I called att to see if I would save. The att rep that assisted me told me I would save! I asked him what about our original contracts? If we sign new 2 years, it would be the same as old terms right? He told me yes! So I went ahead and changed it. I am wanting to upgrade now and att is telling me I would pay $40 a month plus phone cost plus $40 upgrade fee. So in the long run, I wokld

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I would be paying $1200 per line if each of my line wants to upgrade and sign 2 years contract. That's a rip off! Right now I'm on the shared plan and paying $15
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.