Posted Dec 11, 2011
9:12:54 AM
Default voicemail greeting with name

Hello,

I want to change my voicemail greeting to the default message that includes my name. I have an iPhone 4S. I selected the "Default" greeting from the voicemail menu, however that reads the digits of my phone number instead of my name. I called the voicemail setup by holding 1 and recording my name for the default greeting, however my voicemail still only speaks my phone number. How can I set up my voicemail to read my name with the default greeting as opposed to the phone number?

Thank you.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 11, 2011 9:52:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There are two separate things you need to do, IIRC. First, you need to record the name. Then, once the neame is recorded you can choose a standard greeting with the name as opposed to standard greeting with the number. I think this applies regardless of the phone you use.

gramirez2012 wrote:

Hello,

I want to change my voicemail greeting to the default message that includes my name. I have an iPhone 4S. I selected the "Default" greeting from the voicemail menu, however that reads the digits of my phone number instead of my name. I called the voicemail setup by holding 1 and recording my name for the default greeting, however my voicemail still only speaks my phone number. How can I set up my voicemail to read my name with the default greeting as opposed to the phone number?

Thank you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Default voicemail greeting with name

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 11, 2011 9:52:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There are two separate things you need to do, IIRC. First, you need to record the name. Then, once the neame is recorded you can choose a standard greeting with the name as opposed to standard greeting with the number. I think this applies regardless of the phone you use.

gramirez2012 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Default voicemail greeting with name

2 of 3 (19,339 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2011 10:31:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

That worked, thanks!

Re: Default voicemail greeting with name

3 of 3 (19,336 Views)