Get the myAT&T app
diverSSS'swife's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 28th, 2008 11:37 PM

Closed

Coverage in the Gulf of Mexico?

Is the Gulf of Mexico considered international roaming? My husbands phone keeps getting roaming charges for calls when he is offshore and it is less than 200 miles out, which is what the fcc recognizes as "intermational waters". What plan would avoid the roaming charges?

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

16 years ago

The charges could also be coming from the Petrocom towers in the Gulf of Mexico.  Those towers are attached to the oil rigs and there is no way to not get charged roaming if you use them. 

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

@diverSSS'swife wrote:
      Is the Gulf of Mexico considered international roaming? My husbands phone keeps getting roaming charges for calls when he is offshore and it is less than 200 miles out, which is what the fcc recognizes as "international waters". What plan would avoid the roaming charges?

There is no way to stop the charges, however you can add on the Mexico roaming feature and reduce the roaming charges incurred, here are the numbers to call.
  • 1-800-335-4685 International Services (from within the US)
  • 001-916-843-4685 International Services (from overseas)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

Thank you!! I will call and check on that this morning!

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

@diverSSS'swife wrote:
     Thank you!! I will call and check on that this morning!

You are very welcome. I recommend to keep these numbers handy in case any issues arise.
  • 1-800-335-4685 International customer Service (from within the US)
  • 001-916-843-4685 International customer Service (While traveling internationally)
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.