Get the myAT&T app
DS09kira's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 17th, 2014 6:41 PM

Amazon Fire Phone - Voicemail question,"visual voicemail" issue and blocking?

I just got an Amazon Fire Phone.   Sorry if this seems ignorant or redundant.  

Issue 1 -

Is there a way to limit how many times a call rings before it goes to Voicemail?

I know they go by "time" not by # of rings.   I couldn't find a voicemail prompt to change or customize this.  I really just want it to ring no more than a couple times then go to voice if I can't answer.  Right now it seems much longer.  Is that even possible?
Or do I just hit ignore - will it then send that call straight to vm?

Issue 2 -

I got the "visual" voicemail.  It appears to be already set up.  However when I access vm a little icon comes up telling me it is setting it up and it just spins and spins and never seems to complete  What can I do about this?

Issue 3 -

Is there a way to block a specific number/caller?  How do I do that if I need to? 

Thanks in advance for any help

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @DS09kira 

To change how long your phone rings before the call goes to voicemail, there might be a number you can call, but it depends on your voicemail number (different areas have a different voicemail number, might need to contact customer care to find out what it is), I believe it's this: *61*vmnumber**SS#, where SS are the seconds you want it to ring for. If you call customer care, they can actually change it for you as well.

Amazon Fire runs a modified version of Android, usually to block a number, you can just press and hold on it, and it'll give an option to block.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.