Get the myAT&T app
Mtorrez's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, September 27th, 2014 4:39 PM

$160 for 4 lines mobile share is a lie.

I was very upset to recently find out that AT&T will no longer allow us to upgrade our phones and keep our AT&T mobile share plan. If we choose to upgrade our 4 phones, the plan goes us $100 and makes it $260 per month. I AM AWARE OF ALL OF THE OPTIONS! I KNOW ABOUT THHE "NEXT" upgrade option. I want to keep my current plan but I am not allowed. AT&T this is very poor business practice. This is called lying to your customers, it's dishonest, and it's a scam. I have used AT&T wireless for our family plan for 10+ years but I might have to switch now, and I'm not the only one saying this! A lot of customers are very upset and feel cheated. I am also upset because I have been treated horribly by an AT&T store manager. Last nignt (9/26/14) I was in the AT&T store in the Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh, Pa. Tom, the store manager was the one "helping" me. He treated me like I was worthless and was very rude and argumentative. He even said "you aren't getting it," "do you not usberstand what I am saying to you," and "im ARGUING with you because you don't. Know what you're talking about!" Is that any way for a store manager to treat a customer! I wasn't even rude not did I take a harsh tone until AFTER he started talking to me that way, and trust me, everyone in the store was shocked! Apple has such excellent customer service and they honestly shouldn't even let AT&T sell their devices if that's the business practice AT&T uses and that's how they treat customers. Absolutely disgraceful.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

You are allowed to keep the plan, just not the OUT OF CONTRACT discount of $25 per line when you get a subsidized upgrade.

AT&T and most of the other providers are no longer subsidizing phones on their new phone plans. Thus the reason for the cheaper pricing.

One way or another you are going to pay for the phone, either by losing the out of contract discount or by paying full price for the phone using next. You need to determine which way is cheaper in the long run. 

All of AT&T's commercials and ads state that the $160 per month is for "Out of Contract" pricing.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I, too, was mislead on one of these Mobile Share Plans.  The CSR failed to mention that we would lose the $25/mo discount if any of my lines ever updated.  I contacted AT&T Cust Serv and the CSR suggested I file an appeal to go back to our old Family Share Plan.  She said we would receive an email letting me know the status of said appeal.  Never received anything.  Contacted CS and was told that case was closed, appeal was not granted.  Now they are trying to sell me on the Next Plan.  I do not want to pay a monthly fee for each new phone in addition to the fee for the services.  

Rep tried to tell me I had the best plan with the Mobile Share...really? I said so you think that talking me into changing my plan and not telling me a vital detail like "oh yeah if anyone ever upgrades, your bill increases $25/mo per line" is being on the best plan?? I don't want to see your worst one then.

I am considering changing carriers.  Everyone on my plan is out of contract except me.  I have been very satisfied with AT&T for 4 yrs but greed and deception has taken them over too

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

you realize that all the other carriers are going to this price model to right.

The day of subsidised cell phones is done.  Pay full price or use options like next.  Heck sprint is just leasing iPhones now for 24 months.  

its really simple tho you save money with the new plans because there is no 199 for the phone plus the upgrade fee.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe but I would rather pay for my phone now and not over 12 or 18 mos with taxes every month.  

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

@shoppergirl wrote:

Maybe but I would rather pay for my phone now and not over 12 or 18 mos with taxes every month.  

You're still technically paying for your phone while in a 2 year contract, that's basically what that $40 a month is for. No phone is going to cost 99 cents to $200 without them making it up somewhere. Many companies are switching over to out of contract plans, because people complained for years for them to do so, because they figured out that they were paying more during the 2 years and in most cases they were over paying for the phone. The phone was already paid off before the 2 year mark, but they were still paying $40 a month.

Also, there are no taxes added on each month. I have two phones through NEXT and they are both a straight $27.50, no taxes, no fees for that.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

1. They DID NOT advertise it that way ($15 only for out of contract phones). I am obviously not the only one saying this and not the only one that was mislead when switching to this pla.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

2. I don't understand why if only 2 phones on our line are eligible for upgrades how we are ALL receiving the "out of contract" price!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

3. Sure, I get that they have to make money and that the other companies will have to charge the same fees, but AT&T was dishonest about it, that's why some people are talking about switching, not necesarily to a cheaper company but to one that with be honest and not mislead people.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

4. I WAS NOT allowed to keep my phone plan and begin to pay $40 for the line again and pay $199.99 in syore for the iPhone 6. "Tom" did say the two options but when i said I didn't want to go with the "next" plan he basically called me stupid and told me I wasn't understanding him. He wouldn't settle unless I did the next plan (he's obviously making commission on it) I had to walk out of the store because he was so rude and unreasonable.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

if you want to keep your discounts and dont want to pay next which by the way dont include tax since you pay it up front.  All you can do is pay FULL RETAIL for the device.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.