Posted Sep 22, 2013
5:22:39 PM
View profile
vacation hold/moving

i will be moving in about a month. however im moving in with a family member temporarily (a few months) while i find an apartment. can i do a vacation hold and then have everything set up in the new apartment or do i have to cancel? and what if the apartment i get doesnt get att service? am i going to get charged with a  cancellation fee even though it wouldnt be my fault?

i will be moving in about a month. however im moving in with a family member temporarily (a few months) while i find an apartment. can i do a vacation hold and then have everything set up in the new apartment or do i have to cancel? and what if the apartment i get doesnt get att service? am i going to get charged with a  cancellation fee even though it wouldnt be my fault?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 22, 2013 6:25:46 PM
(0)
Employee
Vacation hold has a reduced monthly payment not suspended, my understanding is a vacation hold refers to returning to original address not a move order
Concerning cancelling from http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html

a. Cancellation of Service by Customer. When you purchased the Service, you agreed to a specific price and plan, which may have included a term. You agree that if you cancel your plan before the end of the term, you will pay the early termination fee associated with that plan. At the conclusion of your term or if you did not sign up for a term plan, the term for your Service will be month-to-month. When you cancel your service, your account ID e-mail address will remain active, as will all e-mail subaccounts you have created. The e-mail accounts may be accessed from the att.net website.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

vacation hold/moving

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 22, 2013 6:22:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

He's the info for vacation hold: https://uversevacation.att.com/  If your moving you should just cancel your service since as you said you don't know if the new place even has Uverse available.  Yhe only thing you will possibly lose is the ability to keep your DVR shows and there are limitations to that too.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

He's the info for vacation hold: https://uversevacation.att.com/  If your moving you should just cancel your service since as you said you don't know if the new place even has Uverse available.  Yhe only thing you will possibly lose is the ability to keep your DVR shows and there are limitations to that too.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: vacation hold/moving

2 of 4 (6,497 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 22, 2013 6:25:46 PM
(0)
Employee
Vacation hold has a reduced monthly payment not suspended, my understanding is a vacation hold refers to returning to original address not a move order
Concerning cancelling from http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html

a. Cancellation of Service by Customer. When you purchased the Service, you agreed to a specific price and plan, which may have included a term. You agree that if you cancel your plan before the end of the term, you will pay the early termination fee associated with that plan. At the conclusion of your term or if you did not sign up for a term plan, the term for your Service will be month-to-month. When you cancel your service, your account ID e-mail address will remain active, as will all e-mail subaccounts you have created. The e-mail accounts may be accessed from the att.net website.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (6,496 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 2:51:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

reekaroo wrote:

If you move, you are not liable for the ETF (unless AT&T has changed its policies in the past year.

It's possible to do the vacation hold in your circumstance. However, as someone else mentioned, you will still pay the reduced rate. Also, keeping your service at the address will prevent anyone else from getting Uverse at that address.

reekaroo wrote:

If you move, you are not liable for the ETF (unless AT&T has changed its policies in the past year.

It's possible to do the vacation hold in your circumstance. However, as someone else mentioned, you will still pay the reduced rate. Also, keeping your service at the address will prevent anyone else from getting Uverse at that address.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (6,449 Views)