For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
KennyBania's profile

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

Tuesday, December 16th, 2014 5:40 AM

Uverse removed my Internet Equipment fee permanent waiver

I've had all three services with Uverse since 2010 and had a permanent waiver on the Internet equipment fee which comes to about $10 a month once they add taxes to the $7 monthly fee on the modem. The waiver was permanent but it had an expiration date of some where in 2099.<br><br>I have had the silver colored wireless gateway for years and recently started having issues with audio dropouts and are dvr losing recording and pause live tv capabilities. A tech came out in November and said my wireless modem was well suited to handle the Pace IPH8010 dvr that we have so he swapped it for a black colored modem. We still have issues so uverse comes out the following week and replaces the G or B-pong box on the outside of our house. No problems since then.<br><br>Cut to last Friday when I see my uverse bill has gone up about 10 bucks. I re-negotiated all my services back in July so my monthly bill is locked until 07/2015. I call Uverse and my internet equipment fee was removed when they replaced my modem. What the hail? Now they tell me I can't get it back and they can only waive it for one year since that promotion is no longer available. Complete bull since the waiver was not supposed to last as long as my current modem's lifespan. Obviously I would need a new at some point in time before the waiver expired. Really slippery on at&t's part. Manager's are giving me the heave ho and I'm told I will get a call back.<br><br>Who or what department do I need to escalate this to because I am not going to back down until Uverse accepts some ownership in getting this fixed?<br>

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@KennyBania Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your internet waiver situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.