For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
debbie11055's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 26th, 2014 6:14 PM

Uverse offer made on AT&T chat then reneged!!

I was just offerred a 3-month extension on my uverse promotion to continue as a loyal AT&T customer by the AT&T online chat representative. He confirmed his offer to me with a supervisor and I printed the conversation as a validation.Then when I contacted the special promotions dept to  check on this update to my account, I was told that this whole offer was invalid and a "miscommunication".  Shame on you!  This is an egregeous example of "BAIT AND SWITCH" if ever there was one, and a complete outrage.  Rest assured, I will be reporting this blatant rip-off to the Better Business Bureau immediately, followed by a posting on social media sites warning current and potential AT&T customers of the unethical and immoral business practices on the part of your company!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@debbie11055 wrote:

I was just offerred a 3-month extension on my uverse promotion to continue as a loyal AT&T customer by the AT&T online chat representative. He confirmed his offer to me with a supervisor and I printed the conversation as a validation.Then when I contacted the special promotions dept to  check on this update to my account, I was told that this whole offer was invalid and a "miscommunication".  Shame on you!  This is an egregeous example of "BAIT AND SWITCH" if ever there was one, and a complete outrage.  Rest assured, I will be reporting this blatant rip-off to the Better Business Bureau immediately, followed by a posting on social media sites warning current and potential AT&T customers of the unethical and immoral business practices on the part of your company!

No, sounds like the reason I avoid chat like the plague.  Working w/10-15 different users at one time, confusion abounds and every reply is a couple behind what you are currently on and some make no sense.

Might try to click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.