Get the myAT&T app
RadioFreeRO's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Monday, September 17th, 2012 10:31 PM

Closed

UVerse!?!?!?!

Because our DVR was broken we called AT&T for a new DVR and AT&T was suppose to send a 802.11n modem/ router a few months back with it when we requested it and paid for it because my area code can get one from AT&T for our Internet and TV bundle. They sent a 802.11g without the power supply, so we called the store for service and the guy gave us a new power supply for it even though we wanted the newer WiFi version 802.11n because it was not his fault which I have to say all of this complaint goes on the phone service itself because almost 2 months later the power supply for that router was sent out even though we don't want that router. Now fast forward to yesterday when our DVR (which has a obsolete version of Windows CE from 2004) restarted itself for the 3rd time sense it was plugged in. Our DVR needs a 802.11n to work right with no interruption because we have HD and 802.11g speed hasn't been used by anyone with a working system since the beginning of 2011. The DVR did not come with the new black standard remote it was suppose to, the router was not the one we asked for, and the system keeps restarting the DVR. We want refunds for the issues You! (AT&T) have caused! We want the 802.11n router we asked for free of charge, We want our the remote our DVR never came with free of charge. AT&T using a obsolete software is 1 thing, not giving us what we asked for is another that was cause by AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

12 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@RadioFreeRO wrote:

This is the router that we wanted that's offered in our area that we asked for and we did not get it. This is the remote that was suppose to come standard and we did not get it either.

I am a tech guy who knows a buffering and loading issue from not enough speed coming from a old modem when I see one, sorry to use a 90s saying but... Check yourself before you reck yourself because your source is wrong and if this got out you should be eligible for loosing your A.C.E. From 2012.

Smiley Very Happy

Didn't even realize that our ACE was loose.  Quick, someone catch it.

I've heard of loose bowels, loose drawers, I've even been accused of having a screw loose but never an  A.C.E. designation.  Darn...something else to worry about.  Smiley Sad

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

bauwls, It may be a forum base of customers, the fact is the customers are on the forum to get help from other users and AT&T customer support when the "customer support" on the phone screws up. It is litterally a complaining forum made to share interest about how much we hate our service so AT&T can look at it and hopefully get a heart and fix the problems they have caused. By the way This is my current router that AT&T claims is a Wireless N speed router, but I have looked in the settings and online and have found otherwise. AT&T gave it to me for UVerse but it claims online that it is only for DSL. It is in fact a ADSL router which is used for UVerse. Also it is illegal in my state to make someone pay extra for speed that's already enabled by buying the router that already has that speed on it because by doing that would be price gouging which AT&T is known to do.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

That is NOT a UVerse router.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

You may say that, but it's the one they gave me for my UVerse TV and Internet Bundle. Which it said on that site I gave you that it was a wireless N and it was made by PACE. The only one's that PACE (formally 2Wire) make do not have the serial number 4111N, it's actually a 3801HGV that AT&T tries to call it a different serial number that the company who made it doesn't even make that model number. I posted the original forum post to point out that my service sucks, they gave me the opposite of what I asked for if they even gave it at all, and I am unhappy with the results AT&T produces. The forum post was created just to point out the same stuff everyone else here has already pointed out about AT&T so they can fix it because this is a PR issue. AT&T is obviously full of themselves and has no conscious for their customers who they screw over day after day.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

Actually it a router for AT&T DSL customers not AT&T U-verse customers. It looks a lot like the 3801HGV which is used for U-verse customers.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

Actually it a router for AT&T DSL customers not AT&T U-verse customers. It looks a lot like the 3801HGV which is used for U-verse customers.

Didn't say it wasn't an AT&T router, just not a Uverse router.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@RadioFreeRO wrote:

bauwls, It may be a forum base of customers, the fact is the customers are on the forum to get help from other users and AT&T customer support when the "customer support" on the phone screws up. It is litterally a complaining forum made to share interest about how much we hate our service so AT&T can look at it and hopefully get a heart and fix the problems they have caused. By the way This is my current router that AT&T claims is a Wireless N speed router, but I have looked in the settings and online and have found otherwise. AT&T gave it to me for UVerse but it claims online that it is only for DSL. It is in fact a ADSL router which is used for UVerse. Also it is illegal in my state to make someone pay extra for speed that's already enabled by buying the router that already has that speed on it because by doing that would be price gouging which AT&T is known to do.

UVerse routers are provided with TV service, internet only you purchase them. Since that is a bought router (hence the price on it) it's for internet only and will not work with UVerse TV service.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

@RadioFreeRO wrote:

You may say that, but it's the one they gave me for my UVerse TV and Internet Bundle. Which it said on that site I gave you that it was a wireless N and it was made by PACE. The only one's that PACE (formally 2Wire) make do not have the serial number 4111N, it's actually a 3801HGV that AT&T tries to call it a different serial number that the company who made it doesn't even make that model number. I posted the original forum post to point out that my service sucks, they gave me the opposite of what I asked for if they even gave it at all, and I am unhappy with the results AT&T produces. The forum post was created just to point out the same stuff everyone else here has already pointed out about AT&T so they can fix it because this is a PR issue. AT&T is obviously full of themselves and has no conscious for their customers who they screw over day after day.

As has been pointed out, your link is for an AT&T DSL router, not a U-verse router at all.  AT&T does provide an ADSL2+ router--the NVG510, I believe--that does have N-wireless and is for that flavor of U-verse only.  It cannot be used for TV, because TV only comes over VDSL2.  VDSL2 requires one of the 2WIRE (Pace) 3600, 3800 or 3801 RG's (or the iNID, but that's a whole 'nother horse).

I submit that in this case, it may not be AT&T "who is full of themselves."  You have been provided the correct information by no fewer than 3 different posters who all have a pretty good handle on this stuff.  Your refusal to see that doesn't change the reality.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@RadioFreeRO wrote:

As has been pointed out, your link is for an AT&T DSL router, not a U-verse router at all.  AT&T does provide an ADSL2+ router--the NVG510, I believe--that does have N-wireless and is for that flavor of U-verse only.  It cannot be used for TV, because TV only comes over VDSL2.  VDSL2 requires one of the 2WIRE (Pace) 3600, 3800 or 3801 RG's (or the iNID, but that's a whole 'nother horse).

I submit that in this case, it may not be AT&T "who is full of themselves."  You have been provided the correct information by no fewer than 3 different posters who all have a pretty good handle on this stuff.  Your refusal to see that doesn't change the reality.

He's also refused to "help himself" by downloading UVRT and uploading the screenshots. Let him rant and rave about his own incorrect info, he obviously doesn't really want help.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

JefferMC, I already said it's a DSL router but as I pointed out it said it said it's made by PACE (which use to be called 2Wire) just like the UVerse routers you guys keep mentioning and PACE does not make a router with that model (serial) number. In actualality PACE does not make a Wireless N router and the picture is of a obvious older revision of the 3801HGV. In other words as anyone who comes to this forums to do what this forum is for (complaining about service) can tell you that AT&T is full of themselves.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.