Reply
Posted Sep 17, 2012
3:31:11 PM
UVerse!?!?!?!

Because our DVR was broken we called AT&T for a new DVR and AT&T was suppose to send a 802.11n modem/ router a few months back with it when we requested it and paid for it because my area code can get one from AT&T for our Internet and TV bundle. They sent a 802.11g without the power supply, so we called the store for service and the guy gave us a new power supply for it even though we wanted the newer WiFi version 802.11n because it was not his fault which I have to say all of this complaint goes on the phone service itself because almost 2 months later the power supply for that router was sent out even though we don't want that router. Now fast forward to yesterday when our DVR (which has a obsolete version of Windows CE from 2004) restarted itself for the 3rd time sense it was plugged in. Our DVR needs a 802.11n to work right with no interruption because we have HD and 802.11g speed hasn't been used by anyone with a working system since the beginning of 2011. The DVR did not come with the new black standard remote it was suppose to, the router was not the one we asked for, and the system keeps restarting the DVR. We want refunds for the issues You! (AT&T) have caused! We want the 802.11n router we asked for free of charge, We want our the remote our DVR never came with free of charge. AT&T using a obsolete software is 1 thing, not giving us what we asked for is another that was cause by AT&T.

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 22, 2012 4:37:32 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

RadioFreeRO wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?


Yes! Because my mom, me, and my sister record so much that we could only do it at night & I don't want to do it at night when my sister is asleep because she sleeps in the buff. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday I plan on doing it because we're not recording anything then, but I don't want to do this everytime something like this happens... anyone know this router's firewall well enough so I can do a weekly schedule for rebooting automatically?



You don't have to be physically at the gateway to restart it. There is a place in the user interface to restart/reset the RG, so any device than can access the RG's interface can restart it from anywhere in the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                               neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

UVerse!?!?!?!

3,504 views
50 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(50)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2012 3:42:22 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

There is no 802.11n gateway that can be used for U-verse TV customers or customers who have internet service delivered by VDSL.  You will have either the 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV or the i3812v (iNiD).

 

Also, whether the gateway is 802.11g or 802.11n has zero impact on the operation of your U-verse DVR.  Those are wireless standards for the gateway which are not used in the operation of your U-verse DVR.

 

If you are having issues with the DVR restarting, it has nothing to do with the gateway being 802.11g. Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

 

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

 

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading

 

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if there appears that you might be an issue with your system.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

2 of 51 (3,502 Views)
Solution
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2012 8:57:32 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

This is the router that we wanted that's offered in our area that we asked for and we did not get it. This is the remote that was suppose to come standard and we did not get it either.

I am a tech guy who knows a buffering and loading issue from not enough speed coming from a old modem when I see one, sorry to use a 90s saying but... Check yourself before you reck yourself because your source is wrong and if this got out you should be eligible for loosing your A.C.E. From 2012.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

3 of 51 (3,470 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2012 9:32:17 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 17, 2012 at 9:39:28 PM

As I stated, that router, which is an ADSL2+ router, cannot be used with your system. You have U-verse TV, thus your services are delivered by VSDL.  The gateways listed in my previous messages are VDSL gateways and are the only ones used for U-verse TV customers. The router you are referencing is used for U-verse internet only customers who's services are delivered by ADSL2+.

 

Based on your comments, you obviously do not know how your U-verse system works and are not willing to learn. You need to check yourself before you make any more erroneous statements on this forum while accusing others of not knowing what they are talking about.  You are just making yourself look silly.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]
4 of 51 (3,463 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2012 10:56:36 PM
0
(0)
Mentor
You do realize you just said that the router we wanted would not work with the TV and Internet bundle for UVerse, but it is listed on the website as a UVerse router for UVerse and the website is AT&T's website; right?

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

5 of 51 (3,444 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 3:14:43 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

RadioFreeRO wrote:
You do realize you just said that the router we wanted would not work with the TV and Internet bundle for UVerse, but it is listed on the website as a UVerse router for UVerse and the website is AT&T's website; right?

And he would be correct.  That router is for UVerse INTERNET only.  Internet only is totally different than UVerse TV and internet.

 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

6 of 51 (3,421 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 4:24:42 AM
0
(0)
Guru
Edited by bauwls on Sep 18, 2012 at 4:25:48 AM

Just chiming in, it's internet and VoIP now. ^_^ Also, when you refer to 'You!' as AT&T OP, you do realize that this is a forum base of customers, right?

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]
7 of 51 (3,418 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 6:36:49 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

RadioFreeRO wrote:

This is the router that we wanted that's offered in our area that we asked for and we did not get it. This is the remote that was suppose to come standard and we did not get it either.

I am a tech guy who knows a buffering and loading issue from not enough speed coming from a old modem when I see one, sorry to use a 90s saying but... Check yourself before you reck yourself because your source is wrong and if this got out you should be eligible for loosing your A.C.E. From 2012.


:smileyvery-happy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

8 of 51 (3,399 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 9:04:18 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

bauwls wrote:

Just chiming in, it's internet and VoIP now. ^_^ Also, when you refer to 'You!' as AT&T OP, you do realize that this is a forum base of customers, right?


And finally a reason for combining the ADSL2+ product under the U-verse name: they're going to offer VOIP to those customers.

 

Before this, it just led to the confusion experienced by the OP here.

 

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

9 of 51 (3,371 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 10:34:40 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

RadioFreeRO wrote:

This is the router that we wanted that's offered in our area that we asked for and we did not get it. This is the remote that was suppose to come standard and we did not get it either.

I am a tech guy who knows a buffering and loading issue from not enough speed coming from a old modem when I see one, sorry to use a 90s saying but... Check yourself before you reck yourself because your source is wrong and if this got out you should be eligible for loosing your A.C.E. From 2012.


:smileyvery-happy:


Didn't even realize that our ACE was loose.  Quick, someone catch it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

10 of 51 (3,352 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 11:35:07 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

RadioFreeRO wrote:

This is the router that we wanted that's offered in our area that we asked for and we did not get it. This is the remote that was suppose to come standard and we did not get it either.

I am a tech guy who knows a buffering and loading issue from not enough speed coming from a old modem when I see one, sorry to use a 90s saying but... Check yourself before you reck yourself because your source is wrong and if this got out you should be eligible for loosing your A.C.E. From 2012.


:smileyvery-happy:


Didn't even realize that our ACE was loose.  Quick, someone catch it.


I've heard of loose bowels, loose drawers, I've even been accused of having a screw loose but never an  A.C.E. designation.  Darn...something else to worry about.  :smileysad:

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

11 of 51 (3,334 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 3:33:20 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

bauwls, It may be a forum base of customers, the fact is the customers are on the forum to get help from other users and AT&T customer support when the "customer support" on the phone screws up. It is litterally a complaining forum made to share interest about how much we hate our service so AT&T can look at it and hopefully get a heart and fix the problems they have caused. By the way This is my current router that AT&T claims is a Wireless N speed router, but I have looked in the se...It is in fact a ADSL router which is used for UVerse. Also it is illegal in my state to make someone pay extra for speed that's already enabled by buying the router that already has that speed on it because by doing that would be price gouging which AT&T is known to do.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

12 of 51 (3,303 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 3:38:42 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

That is NOT a UVerse router.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

13 of 51 (3,297 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 5:42:21 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

You may say that, but it's the one they gave me for my UVerse TV and Internet Bundle. Which it said on that site I gave you that it was a wireless N and it was made by PACE. The only one's that PACE (formally 2Wire) make do not have the serial number 4111N, it's actually a 3801HGV that AT&T tries to call it a different serial number that the company who made it doesn't even make that model number. I posted the original forum post to point out that my service sucks, they gave me the opposite of what I asked for if they even gave it at all, and I am unhappy with the results AT&T produces. The forum post was created just to point out the same stuff everyone else here has already pointed out about AT&T so they can fix it because this is a PR issue. AT&T is obviously full of themselves and has no conscious for their customers who they screw over day after day.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

14 of 51 (3,257 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 7:02:11 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 18, 2012 at 7:04:51 PM

oufanindallas wrote:

 

That is NOT a UVerse router.


Actually it a router for AT&T DSL customers not AT&T U-verse customers. It looks a lot like the 3801HGV which is used for U-verse customers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]
15 of 51 (3,242 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 7:33:21 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

 

That is NOT a UVerse router.


Actually it a router for AT&T DSL customers not AT&T U-verse customers. It looks a lot like the 3801HGV which is used for U-verse customers.


Didn't say it wasn't an AT&T router, just not a Uverse router.

 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

16 of 51 (3,214 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 7:34:58 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

RadioFreeRO wrote:

bauwls, It may be a forum base of customers, the fact is the customers are on the forum to get help from other users and AT&T customer support when the "customer support" on the phone screws up. It is litterally a complaining forum made to share interest about how much we hate our service so AT&T can look at it and hopefully get a heart and fix the problems they have caused. By the way This is my current router that AT&T claims is a Wireless N speed router, but I have looked in the se...It is in fact a ADSL router which is used for UVerse. Also it is illegal in my state to make someone pay extra for speed that's already enabled by buying the router that already has that speed on it because by doing that would be price gouging which AT&T is known to do.


UVerse routers are provided with TV service, internet only you purchase them. Since that is a bought router (hence the price on it) it's for internet only and will not work with UVerse TV service.

 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

17 of 51 (3,214 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 8:18:49 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by JefferMC on Sep 18, 2012 at 8:20:45 PM

RadioFreeRO wrote:

You may say that, but it's the one they gave me for my UVerse TV and Internet Bundle. Which it said on that site I gave you that it was a wireless N and it was made by PACE. The only one's that PACE (formally 2Wire) make do not have the serial number 4111N, it's actually a 3801HGV that AT&T tries to call it a different serial number that the company who made it doesn't even make that model number. I posted the original forum post to point out that my service sucks, they gave me the opposite of what I asked for if they even gave it at all, and I am unhappy with the results AT&T produces. The forum post was created just to point out the same stuff everyone else here has already pointed out about AT&T so they can fix it because this is a PR issue. AT&T is obviously full of themselves and has no conscious for their customers who they screw over day after day.


As has been pointed out, your link is for an AT&T DSL router, not a U-verse router at all.  AT&T does provide an ADSL2+ router--the NVG510, I believe--that does have N-wireless and is for that flavor of U-verse only.  It cannot be used for TV, because TV only comes over VDSL2.  VDSL2 requires one of the 2WIRE (Pace) 3600, 3800 or 3801 RG's (or the iNID, but that's a whole 'nother horse).

 

I submit that in this case, it may not be AT&T "who is full of themselves."  You have been provided the correct information by no fewer than 3 different posters who all have a pretty good handle on this stuff.  Your refusal to see that doesn't change the reality.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]
18 of 51 (3,195 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 8:27:30 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

RadioFreeRO wrote:

You may say that, but it's the one they gave me for my UVerse TV and Internet Bundle. Which it said on that site I gave you that it was a wireless N and it was made by PACE. The only one's that PACE (formally 2Wire) make do not have the serial number 4111N, it's actually a 3801HGV that AT&T tries to call it a different serial number that the company who made it doesn't even make that model number. I posted the original forum post to point out that my service sucks, they gave me the opposite of what I asked for if they even gave it at all, and I am unhappy with the results AT&T produces. The forum post was created just to point out the same stuff everyone else here has already pointed out about AT&T so they can fix it because this is a PR issue. AT&T is obviously full of themselves and has no conscious for their customers who they screw over day after day.


As has been pointed out, your link is for an AT&T DSL router, not a U-verse router at all.  AT&T does provide an ADSL2+ router--the NVG510, I believe--that does have N-wireless and is for that flavor of U-verse only.  It cannot be used for TV, because TV only comes over VDSL2.  VDSL2 requires one of the 2WIRE (Pace) 3600, 3800 or 3801 RG's (or the iNID, but that's a whole 'nother horse).

 

I submit that in this case, it may not be AT&T "who is full of themselves."  You have been provided the correct information by no fewer than 3 different posters who all have a pretty good handle on this stuff.  Your refusal to see that doesn't change the reality.

 


He's also refused to "help himself" by downloading UVRT and uploading the screenshots. Let him rant and rave about his own incorrect info, he obviously doesn't really want help.

 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

19 of 51 (3,186 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 8:32:22 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

JefferMC, I already said it's a DSL router but as I pointed out it said it said it's made by PACE (which use to be called 2Wire) just like the UVerse routers you guys keep mentioning and PACE does not make a router with that model (serial) number. In actualality PACE does not make a Wireless N router and the picture is of a obvious older revision of the 3801HGV. In other words as anyone who comes to this forums to do what this forum is for (complaining about service) can tell you that AT&T is full of themselves.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

20 of 51 (3,183 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 8:33:47 PM
0
(0)
Mentor
oufanindallas, I am not gonna take your word about a potential virus.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

21 of 51 (3,194 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 8:45:02 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

RadioFreeRO wrote:

JefferMC, I already said it's a DSL router but as I pointed out it said it said it's made by PACE (which use to be called 2Wire) just like the UVerse routers you guys keep mentioning and PACE does not make a router with that model (serial) number. In actualality PACE does not make a Wireless N router and the picture is of a obvious older revision of the 3801HGV. In other words as anyone who comes to this forums to do what this forum is for (complaining about service) can tell you that AT&T is full of themselves.


You can't judge a router (or a book) by its cover.  In fact, I've seen stock images used by some companies that have nothing to do with the product that should be shown.  

 

Actually, I don't really think that the sole purpose of this forum is for "complaining about service."  I think its for people to share experiences and get help.  Some people want help.  Some people do just want to complain. 

 

And I don't understand your reply to OUfan about a virus?  Your post is the first mention of virus on this thread.  What's that about?

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

22 of 51 (3,187 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 8:53:55 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

JefferMC, oufan was talking about installing software that my Internet Explorer said was a possible virus. Also you just contradicted yourself Jeffer because when people are sharing experiences of AT&T all they are doing is complaining about AT&T so they can get help with what they're complaining about.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

23 of 51 (3,178 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 9:21:26 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

 

That is NOT a UVerse router.


Actually it a router for AT&T DSL customers not AT&T U-verse customers. It looks a lot like the 3801HGV which is used for U-verse customers.


Didn't say it wasn't an AT&T router, just not a Uverse router. 


I was agreeing with your comment and stating what customers the router is used for.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

25 of 51 (3,168 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 10:07:34 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

Texasguy37, I know you were agreeing with me that it is a AT&T router, but it's obvious you're disagreeing with who it's for. AT&T claims it is only for DSL customers but I am a Uverse customer and I own the one the picture shows and the model number they're listing for it is not even a product of PACE.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

26 of 51 (3,156 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 10:18:28 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

Your information is not correct.  Hawaii Telcom using the same Pace 4111N gateway.

 

http://www.hawaiiantel.com/Residential/Internet/Support/InternetNetworkSupport/tabid/800/Default.asp...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

27 of 51 (3,151 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 3:29:24 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

RadioFreeRO wrote:

JefferMC, oufan was talking about installing software that my Internet Explorer said was a possible virus. Also you just contradicted yourself Jeffer because when people are sharing experiences of AT&T all they are doing is complaining about AT&T so they can get help with what they're complaining about.


I have not told you to install a virus,  internet explorer thinks everything is a possible virus.  As far as complaining, if you listen to the advice and recommendations that are given in here than 99% of the time an issue gets resolved.  So far you have refused to follow the advice given to you and have tried to argue about a router that is NOT a UVerse router if you have TV.  UVerse tv routers do not have wireless N, period.  It doesn't matter what router you pull up on the AT&T website, those that you have shown us are all for internet only packages.

 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

28 of 51 (3,103 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 5:37:24 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

Your information is not correct.  Hawaii Telcom using the same Pace 4111N gateway.

 

http://www.hawaiiantel.com/Residential/Internet/Support/InternetNetworkSupport/tabid/800/Default.asp...



I was just looking at that site 3 or 4 days ago trying to R&D the 4111N. :smileysurprised:

 

I have seen different specs though, this is from Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pace+-+Home+Portal+802.11n+Router/4845848.p?id=1218548311950&skuId=48458... 4111n&cp=1&lp=1

 

For versatile use. Integrated PACE ADSL modem for use with ADSL 1, ADSL 2, ADSL 2 RE and ADSL 2+ (1 RJ-11). TR-067- and TR-100-compliant.

 

So the OP may have Uverse Internet with a 4111N, and DTV, who's DVRs might use wireless N for an internet connection for VOD. In my opinion, from what I can tell through research and posts on here, the 4111N should be a better RG than the NVG510.

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

 

 

                               neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

29 of 51 (3,066 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 6:29:28 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 19, 2012 at 6:33:28 AM

Computer-Joe wrote:

 

So the OP may have Uverse Internet with a 4111N, and DTV, who's DVRs might use wireless N for an internet connection for VOD. In my opinion, from what I can tell through research and posts on here, the 4111N should be a better RG than the NVG510. 


Based on the comment below from the OP, he appears to have U-verse TV service.  He also mentions the black standard remote which is used with U-verse TV, and he mentions Windows CE as the software on the DVR.  Also, nowhere does he contradict my statement that he has U-verse TV and state that he has DirecTV.

 

Because our DVR was broken we called AT&T for a new DVR. . .

 

Of course because of the OP's communication style,  a lot of what he states doesn't make much sense.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]
30 of 51 (3,055 Views)
Share this post
Share this post