Get the myAT&T app
coolman302003's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 5:45 AM

U-Verse TV only (can I get 4 HD streams?)

I am thinking about getting U-Verse TV only to try out contract free. I was wondering if I would be able to get 4 HD streams since I would not have Internet or Voice. The online availability shows that I qualify for all Internet plans except the Max Turbo (24Mbps)..So which profile would I probably get based on this and would I be able to do 4 HD streams?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

@pc319 wrote:

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Nope, if limited to 18M internet, you will surely get the 32/5  profile (required for 18M internet) w/4HD (3 can be recorded and 1 seen on any TV, but the DVR). 😉

Wrong. You can get the 18M internet with the 25/2 profile with only 3HD streams (I know because this is exactly what I have).  If the OP can't order 24 Max Turbo then his profile will not be 32/5.

Hmm now I have two different answers...with texasguy confirming the second one. I am really rethinking ordering the service altogether now since I won't be able to do a 4th HD stream or watch the online content... I don't have any desire to get the U-Verse Internet either as I have 30/4Mbps (standalone) from Charter that cost less & faster then Max Turbo which I can't get anyway.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@coolman302003 wrote:

Hmm now I have two different answers...with texasguy confirming the second one. I am really rethinking ordering the service altogether now since I won't be able to do a 4th HD stream or watch the online content... I don't have any desire to get the U-Verse Internet either as I have 30/4Mbps (standalone) from Charter that cost less & faster then Max Turbo which I can't get anyway.

Despite what preliminary information you may be given, there can be no verification of what profile you qualify for until the tech is onsite during your install.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@coolman302003 wrote:

Despite what preliminary information you may be given, there can be no verification of what profile you qualify for until the tech is onsite during your install.

Well thats good to know, I have been looking at some other threads as well and is it also possible to have your Profile bumped up later from I think the AT&T  Direct Support here on this forum?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@coolman302003 wrote:

Well thats good to know, I have been looking at some other threads as well and is it also possible to have your Profile bumped up later from I think the AT&T  Direct Support here on this forum?

Possibly.  It just depends on your situation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.