For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
sweetjrgal008's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, January 30th, 2015 3:37 PM

Restore Fee Rip Off

On December 11, 2014 my Uverse Internet was shut off for about 2 hours. Got my bill for the next month and they charged me a $49.00 restore fee plus a 9.00 late fee.  I got the notice the day that they were shutting it off.  Called ATT and they said that it was out of their hands. I threatened to cancel and she said that was fine, there were other customers that would replace me.  

Can this be reversed by someone higher up then her?

Not happy with the customer service at all......

Just a plain rip off.

Misty

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@sweetjrgal008 wrote:

On December 11, 2014 my Uverse Internet was shut off for about 2 hours. Got my bill for the next month and they charged me a $49.00 restore fee plus a 9.00 late fee.  I got the notice the day that they were shutting it off.  Called ATT and they said that it was out of their hands. I threatened to cancel and she said that was fine, there were other customers that would replace me.  

Just a plain rip off.

Misty

We're you late on payment and they shut it off originally?  Makes a difference to have all the info to offer advice. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@sweetjrgal008 wrote:

Just a plain rip off.

Misty

Did you have a bill due or past due on or before Dec. 11, 2014? 

When is your bill due each month? 

Did you make your Nov./Dec. payment and it didn't get credited?

Need clarification.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, happened to me also . This is a scam they get away with. My internet was shut off because my payment wasnt made. ( my fault yes) When I called to inquire on the process to get it back on I was ONLY told to go pay the amount due and thats it. Now two months after my bill shows a restoration fee of $49. I chatted with a rep named April T. I asked her to reverse the fee because I have been a customer since 1972 and have never had my service turned off before. She said thats the standard fee they charge and could not reverse it. She said that it was advised so in the terms of service. I asked her where I may find these terms of service. She replied " she thinks " online.  I said "you think"? and she hung up on me. What an unprofessional rep. I'm thinking of changing companies.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, u verse. Interesting, I may check the increase amount. Thanks

Former Employee

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

I took a quick look in the billing update database.

"U-verse restoral fee was changed from $30 per service to $49 per account/BAN on November 9, 2014."

So now, instead of $30 for each service (meaning up to and including $90) the fee is $45 to restore the account.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the info. I think the main complaint I and others have is this is not told to us at time of restoral of service. A month or two later they bill you the $49. It just feels sneaky.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I too have been ripped off for this inept fee.  Contact the Federal Trade Commission as they are now tracking this ripoff.  I also sent pictures of the internet speed which was done on their site and far less than they claim.  This happened at least 15 times this year alone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

For changing an entry on the internet, what a joke

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am glad I saw this! My U-verse was off for two days because I forgot to pay the bill! When I got back in town the internet was off so I paid it, now a month and half later I see this restorl fee 49$. My bill went from $56.00 to 105$!! I am not happy aboutt ht at all, they could have put that amount on the bill to turn it back on! This seems sneay to me. When I first got ATT in 2014 my bill was $29.00 amonth now it is 56$ for slow internet that always freeze!. Need to make a change ASAP

SpecialBlend79

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I too have been billed two months later for a restoration fee of $49. Although I understand the $9.00 late fee...that $49 fee is an outragous amount when I only have internet. I wasn't even aware that my service was turned off!  The Customer service reps in Accounts Receivables were rude. I have never complained about anything but between the fee and ATT customer service. I will give a bad review everywhere.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.