Posted Dec 11, 2012
6:19:49 PM
Model 3801hgv reboots when scheduled recordings start

My 3801HGV reboots when scheduled recordings start. That's the only time it reboots. When I do a manual recording the 3801HGV does not reboot. This is my third box and I've had 2 replacement gateways. I've replaced all cables and power strip. I've disconnected all netwokring components (NAS drive, PC, Surround sound) and only have the Box connected to the TV via HDMI cable. I also tested the connection from the box to the TV with component cable. I've had a tech come out and he's stumped too. Any help would be great.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 12, 2012 4:24:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

The AT&T tech called me last night. Apparently one of the recordings was trying to record 100x per day. This is a glitch in the system, which caused the box to reboot when that scheduled show started. The solution was to flush all scheduled recordings and then reboot. That fixed the issue.

Accepted Solution

Model 3801hgv reboots when scheduled recordings start

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2012 6:38:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if there appears that you might be an issue with your system.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Model 3801hgv reboots when scheduled recordings start

2 of 5 (604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 12, 2012 4:24:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

The AT&T tech called me last night. Apparently one of the recordings was trying to record 100x per day. This is a glitch in the system, which caused the box to reboot when that scheduled show started. The solution was to flush all scheduled recordings and then reboot. That fixed the issue.

3 of 5 (563 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 4:32:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
wolfhound61 - Thanks for posting that you got a successful resolution. It is good to have the problem.solution available when others may have the same problem.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 10:12:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks for the info.

5 of 5 (537 Views)