Posted Jun 2, 2014
3:36:47 PM
View profile
Internet Facilities Issue
Edited by Kamil1989 on Jun 2, 2014 at 3:48:27 PM

I'll start my story about two weeks ago, when most of the problems began. On May 20th, we experienced a severe thunderstorm. The next day, we realized the phone service wasn't working. We have the bundled service of Internet, TV and voice. I called ATT that Thursday and arranged for a tech to come out on Sunday to fix the service (5/25). 

He comes an hour late, replaced the modem and got the phone working again. As the cable boxes were being restarted, he stated that the TV’s should be up and running in a little bit. He didn't wait around. 

The phone/internet were working, but the TV’s were not. What he did was, replaced the modem and added a flimsy coax to data cable adapter. I know, I should have gotten his name; this tech put a bad image on AT&T.

I called again, scheduled a tech to come out on Wednesday 5/28 between 12-4pm. We didn't receive a call from anyone all day, and we waited until 5 to call AT&T to see what is going on. Apparently, there was a shortage of technicians and have to reschedule again.

Tech was scheduled for the next day, Thursday 5/29. I wasn't home that day, but my mom was home. 

I called AT&T to cancel the service because he did not come within the timeframe specified. 

The retention representative, whom was very helpful, was able to retain me as a customer by offering what Comcast offered me for 6 months. Phone, 45mbps Internet, U300 and they threw in HBO and Cinemax for 3 months as well. Of course, I was also credited for the days that we did not have service.

Now, since I called in to cancel, the tech at my home said that he couldn’t fix our cable because the ticket was cancelled. Which is ridiculous, because that would be the 6th day without TV.  (10 days overall)

I called back to complain about the lack of service and they rescheduled for another tech to come out on Friday, 5/30. He was scheduled for 8am -12. Around 11:45, he calls to notify that he is running late and wanted to touch base on what he has to fix. 

I told him that our TV cable needs to be repaired, also that we are getting our Internet upgraded. He stated, that is something that he does not do because that is a new order, not a repair order. I told him to just fix the cable then, and he insisted that he cannot come and he canceled the repair order.

I called back to AT&T, after on the phone for quite some time the rep stated that he "may or may not" come by and insisted that should call him back and ask for him to come. I asked why can't he do it, and he said ok, he will try. 

I was on hold for about 15 minutes, when he came back on the line, he said that he couldn't get a hold of him, but he was able to contact his "boss." His boss stated that maybe he will come back, and if he doesn't then he will come on Saturday, without a time specified. 

So on Saturday, another tech came, who was great finally fixed the cable. He laughed at the job the first tech did a week ago to the modem.

Now I am waiting for some facilities error to be resolved to have my 45 mbps internet installed, and for the HBO and Cinemax channels. Since they were added together in the same upgrade. ATT states that I have to wait for the whole order to be completed to get the channels.

I have no idea when my Internet will be upgraded.

Facilities Issues... ?? 

Call log

5/23 -- 25 min + 30 min

5/25 -- 15 min

5/27 -- 16 min

5/29 -- 49 min + 35 min

5/30 -- 17 min

187 min. Over 3 hours just on my phone, not including the numerous calls i made from the house phone. 

I'll start my story about two weeks ago, when most of the problems began. On May 20th, we experienced a severe thunderstorm. The next day, we realized the phone service wasn't working. We have the bundled service of Internet, TV and voice. I called ATT that Thursday and arranged for a tech to come out on Sunday to fix the service (5/25). 

He comes an hour late, replaced the modem and got the phone working again. As the cable boxes were being restarted, he stated that the TV’s should be up and running in a little bit. He didn't wait around. 

The phone/internet were working, but the TV’s were not. What he did was, replaced the modem and added a flimsy coax to data cable adapter. I know, I should have gotten his name; this tech put a bad image on AT&T.

I called again, scheduled a tech to come out on Wednesday 5/28 between 12-4pm. We didn't receive a call from anyone all day, and we waited until 5 to call AT&T to see what is going on. Apparently, there was a shortage of technicians and have to reschedule again.

Tech was scheduled for the next day, Thursday 5/29. I wasn't home that day, but my mom was home. 

I called AT&T to cancel the service because he did not come within the timeframe specified. 

The retention representative, whom was very helpful, was able to retain me as a customer by offering what Comcast offered me for 6 months. Phone, 45mbps Internet, U300 and they threw in HBO and Cinemax for 3 months as well. Of course, I was also credited for the days that we did not have service.

Now, since I called in to cancel, the tech at my home said that he couldn’t fix our cable because the ticket was cancelled. Which is ridiculous, because that would be the 6th day without TV.  (10 days overall)

I called back to complain about the lack of service and they rescheduled for another tech to come out on Friday, 5/30. He was scheduled for 8am -12. Around 11:45, he calls to notify that he is running late and wanted to touch base on what he has to fix. 

I told him that our TV cable needs to be repaired, also that we are getting our Internet upgraded. He stated, that is something that he does not do because that is a new order, not a repair order. I told him to just fix the cable then, and he insisted that he cannot come and he canceled the repair order.

I called back to AT&T, after on the phone for quite some time the rep stated that he "may or may not" come by and insisted that should call him back and ask for him to come. I asked why can't he do it, and he said ok, he will try. 

I was on hold for about 15 minutes, when he came back on the line, he said that he couldn't get a hold of him, but he was able to contact his "boss." His boss stated that maybe he will come back, and if he doesn't then he will come on Saturday, without a time specified. 

So on Saturday, another tech came, who was great finally fixed the cable. He laughed at the job the first tech did a week ago to the modem.

Now I am waiting for some facilities error to be resolved to have my 45 mbps internet installed, and for the HBO and Cinemax channels. Since they were added together in the same upgrade. ATT states that I have to wait for the whole order to be completed to get the channels.

I have no idea when my Internet will be upgraded.

Facilities Issues... ?? 

Call log

5/23 -- 25 min + 30 min

5/25 -- 15 min

5/27 -- 16 min

5/29 -- 49 min + 35 min

5/30 -- 17 min

187 min. Over 3 hours just on my phone, not including the numerous calls i made from the house phone. 

Internet Facilities Issue

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 9:48:50 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Kamil1989!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had with your services. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further and remedy the situation, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello, Kamil1989!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had with your services. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further and remedy the situation, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Internet Facilities Issue

2 of 2 (158 Views)