Get the myAT&T app
TXCISCO11's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 18th, 2013 3:14 PM

How to get U-verse facilities issue resolved or at least communication if it cannot be

We recently moved into a new construction home on an existing street.  U-verse is available to our surrounding neighbors, but our address was not originally showing to be available.  After AT&T researched they informed us U-verse was available to the home.  We placed on order on Mar 2, and had an install date of Mar 15.  We called in the week after the order to see if there were any possible earlier install dates available.  We were informed that a facility issue ticket was placed on the order, and install would not occurr until it was resolved, but that those are usually resolved quickly.  Since that time have been calling every 3 days or so to check on the status only to be told that it is sitting with Engineering and no estimated completion date is available, but that it was escalated and they should know something within a few days and to call back.  When we call we get the same answer and are told that there is no further escalation and no way to provide an estimated date.  My wife and I both work from home often and currently cannot.  We got Clear Wireless internet for the interim, but that does not provide the bandwidth to work from home.  We would really like to have AT&T U-verse, but if it is not possible would want to be informed so we know to give up and move on with another provider.  Unfortunately AT&T is the provider with best internet speeds we need in our area. 

Who do we talk to or how can we get some response to the faciltiy issue?  Are we talking days/weeks/months?  Just looking for some communication.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

Agreed that it may take time to update OVALS (the address database). Though you can force an Address Validation (takes 7-10 days) by Sales or through investigation link after verifying that your address isn't available by checking http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/ to avoid waiting that 2-3month period.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

It sounds like you have done your due diligence so I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

This group will be able to help you get your issue resolved.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

New home, means the database has not been updated. It can take upwards 60 to 90 days for the database to get updated. If I had to take a guess, the other homes have been around for some years in that neighborhood, so that is why they are in the database.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.