For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
yedjof's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 25th, 2014 3:27 PM

Is the Credit Management Fee Refundable?

When I signed up with at&t, I had to pay $449 due to not having any credit, If I were to cancel my uverse service would I get the $449 back?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

@yedjof , the $449 Credit Management Fee is non-refundable after the 30-day buyer's remorse period. Otherwise, as @mibrnsurg stated, you will receive a $5 monthly credit as long as your account is in good standing.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@yedjof wrote:

When I signed up with at&t, I had to pay $449 due to not having any credit, If I were to cancel my uverse service would I get the $449 back?

It is referred to as a non-refundable credit fee.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@yedjof wrote:

You would've gotten it back by keeping Uverse, paying on time every month and you'd then get a $5 credit each month you continued that.  Of course that would be 7 1/2 years of good payment on Uverse to recoup the $449.

It's actually more of covering the cost of the equipment if you stopped paying and kept the equipment. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

9 years ago

So, that basically means that poorer people that can't afford it can get gouged or forced into a longer lock in period even if they've been paying on time, because they won't be able to easily switch out without losing that money.  AT&T shouldn't be keeping that money lock up for such a long term.  It's a good way to monopolize poorer customers.

Doesn't seem entirely proper.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

And yet, it is completly within the rules of business operation.

Little comfort now, but always read the fine print, and watch out for the deadlines.

A shame ya have to do it as matter of course with a business these days, but sadly, everyone does it, so one needs to be careful and ask the questions up front.

In fairness, there is usualy a way to make the best of a situation, just, sometimes it's not easy, or obvious.

Take care and good luck.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The $449 fee was represented to be as a deposit and even when I confirmed it was a depsoit was answered that it was.  We later found on the old billing it was a credit management fee and charged for this.  It is misrepresntation by AT&T and you should take take.  If the charge is not being representated properly it is at best unethical.  

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

8 years ago

Well you could hold there equipment hostage until you get the balance of the "deposit" back when you decide to leave ATT.

And if they don't refund it, then just keep'em.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

So today I got my first AT&T bill and it was 609.00. They had charged me a credit management fee of 449. 00. I called the customer service number and told them that they could come pick it up cause nobody ever said anything about this fee. I was transferred around, hung up on five times, till finally I spoke to someone. The CSR said that they didn't understand that charge because number 1 the service had already been installed, normally they wouldn't even install with out that fee being paid and number 2 I have no card on file which he couldn't figure out how they planned on getting the money if I didn't have a debit or credit card on file. CSR supposedly escalated it and I'm supposed to hear back tomorrow about whether or not they are going to waive the fee or cancel it. I'm already fed up and I just started the service

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Are sure that the remorse period is 1 month not 2 weeks? 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,

can you please confirm if the remorse period is 1 month and not 2 weeks?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.