jamileh's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

Monday, August 27th, 2012 3:27 PM

Closed

Emergency Assistance - Be prepared during severe weather or other emergencies

Please visit this link for more information about emergency preparedness and how AT&T can help you during emergency situations: http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=12218&RIAConsoleLogLevel=4000

Here are a couple quick tips!

Have a family communications plan in place. Designate someone out of the area as a central contact, and make certain that all family members know whom to contact if they become separated. Most important, practice your emergency plan in advance.

Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.

Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos — even video clips — of damaged property to your insurance company from your device.

Try text messaging. During an emergency situation, text messages may go through more quickly than voice calls because they require fewer network resources. All of AT&T’s wireless devices are text messaging capable. Depending on your text or data plan, additional charges may apply.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Good advice, especially for people who have never weathered a hurricane.

I was impressed that ATT sent text and voice messages to our cells after Ike took out power and all services.  Before it hit would have been better, but they made an effort when no one else did. Smiley Wink

One of the hardest things to do is keep your cell charged up!  And if it has a non-replaceable battery, even more important. 

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

People may not be happy with AT&T for a variety of reasons.  To put systems in place to help people in times of crisis says a lot about any company.  They will have their losses as well, but this is very impressive ATT.  Good job.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.