For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
austinchen1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 22nd, 2014 4:31 AM

AT&T U-Verse Modem NVG589 Rental Fee $7 a month

I have bought a same model NVG589 from ebay and need to return the original model to AT&T so that I could save $7 a month. I asked this request thru AT&T customer service but they said this is not work for me. I couldn't understand this absolutely not make sense.I complaint this and am trying to approach Google Fiber service in Austin for now.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

9 years ago

@austinchen1 wrote:

I have bought a same model NVG589 from ebay and need to return the original model to AT&T so that I could save $7 a month. I asked this request thru AT&T customer service but they said this is not work for me. I couldn't understand this absolutely not make sense.I complaint this and am trying to approach Google Fiber service in Austin for now.

AT&T does not sell NVG 589's.  The NVG 589 that you can buy from legitmate channels don't have AT&T's firmware.  The NVG 589 that you might buy otherwise that have the firmware are the property of AT&T's and should be returned.  In short, the only NVG 589 that you're going to get activated on your account is one that you're renting from them.

If you want to purchase a Gateway, then drop TV and purchase a gateway.  But it'll cost you $100.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.