What is happening with 3G?
khumara's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 14th, 2014 7:53 PM

WiFi and Microcell Data preference

Ever since I add Microcell at home, I've been getting a lot extra Internet/Data charge on my account, even though our phones (iPhone 5s and Windows 8.1 Nokia 920) connected to our local home WiFi.

Can you tell me how to set preference using WiFi for data connection instead of using internet data through Microcell?

I noticed that this has been a problem since iPhone by default backup picture to iCloud, so every day, it would load massive amount of data through our Microcell, which consume our Data limit, even though the setting is setup to backup only when connected to WiFi.

Can anybody help?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

There are no settings in the MicroCell to adjust that. It is a closed system. I leave WiFi on all of the time on my iPhone 5 (iOS 8.0.2) and have never noticed any hit on our data plan(s). Cellular data is enabled on the iPhone as well. I don't backup to iCloud and don't use any Push features. Are you sure it's the iPhone and not the Nokia 920?

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

10 years ago

I have also had a MC for 3 or 4 years and have never had any data problems.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

^^^^^ thanks.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

I back up my iPhone to my computer. No iCloud for me.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Same here. The only thing I use iCloud for is Find My Phone.

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

10 years ago

Same here.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Yeah, I use Find My iPhone too. Great for tracking the wife so I know when she'll be home.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Avedis53 wrote:
Yeah, I use Find My iPhone too. Great for tracking the wife so I know when she'll be home.

I think that's why my wife refuses to have an iPhone. I never know where she's at or due home Smiley Sad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.