Posted Oct 29, 2013
9:22:03 AM
MicroCell Technical Guide updated to V1.3

I've updated the Technical Guide to v1.3. The link in my sig should point to the new document. The updates  are listed on the last page.

3G MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

MicroCell Technical Guide updated to V1.3

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 29, 2013 10:47:35 AM
(0)
Guru

Otto, I read V1.3 and this caught my eye:

On pg. 10 under the section "Internet (ethernet) Light is Blinking",  this doesn't mean that there is no internet connection but that there is no Ethernet connection between the Mcell and the router/modem.  If there is no internet connection, then the 3G light should be blinking.   Recommendations to try a different Ethernet cable or port are appropriate.     Subsequent referrals to the Ethernet light as an Internet light in the document should be corrected.      Yes? No?

Your Technical Guide has been a Herculean effort that goes above and beyond the call of duty for a user like yourself to provide to the Microcell community.  It provides a lot more information than the User Guide could ever hope to provide and perhaps someday, AT&T will incorporate some of the information from your Technical Guide in future User Guide publications and perhaps even to their tech support people to include in troubleshooting efforts with people who call in with problems.

You need to continue to push people who post here to carefully read the Technical Guide before posting a problem.  I think many would solve their own problem by following the suggestions and wouldn't need to post.  God knows you have enough posts to deal with already.

Great job!

Re: MicroCell Technical Guide updated to V1.3

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 29, 2013 11:13:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yep. And we talked about that too :smileysad: It should say ethernet light. I think my continued confusion is that AT&T used a "world" icon to indicate the ethernet connection which sort of infers an internet connection. I'll put it on my to do list, again, in bold this time, and change it. Thanks.

Oh, and AT&T upper management is still seriously considering making it part of the support documents. We'll see.

3G MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MicroCell Technical Guide updated to V1.3

[ Edited ]