What is happening with 3G?
CharlieSchorner's profile

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 8:12 PM

Is the MicroCell Service Down?

Around mid-morning on November 1, my MicroCell went offline and has not been able to connect since. Everything else on my network is behaving normally and I've had no interruption in my Internet service. So, I was wondering if someone might know if there's a problem with the service in general? Perhaps something weather-related? If not, is there a way I can verify that my device is ironies not malfunctioning?

Thanks!

Charlie

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

The only place I noticed a hard reset specifically was for a flashing red light.  I didn't have that and the boot sequence looked normal so I didn't think to do it.  I should have tried it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@joelsplace wrote:

The only place I noticed a hard reset specifically was for a flashing red light.  I didn't have that and the boot sequence looked normal so I didn't think to do it.  I should have tried it.

A hard reset can fix a lot of things. Bottom line is that you are up and running which is all that matters.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm glad you got this resolved! 

I marked Otto's post as an Accepted Solution so other folks who have similar issues shave an easier time. 🙂

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Just an FYI, we FINALLY have full resolution on this one. Many AT&T techs and many techs from our end, plus a "Cisco guy" and an admin from one of our upstream providers were ultimately required. I'm guessing AT&T's upstream provider was also looped in at some point. It turned out the company that provides our upstream connection to the internet backbone had made an equipment change on Nov 2 that borked just port 4500 traffic to and from AT&T. No other traffic appeared affected, which was why customers were OK with everything else including other types of traffic to/from those AT&T servers. Fortunately their admin was able to quickly reshuffle his hardware and get us back in business very quickly once the source of the problem was nailed down. This is a very odd corner case that probably won't be even vaguely replicated any time soon. THANK GOODNESS, because it took quite a few resources to finally find that one little wrinkle.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the follow-up on this. It's nice to know that it wasn't all AT&Ts fault this time. It's unfortunate that it took so long but when there are connections in place that other's have control over, it's very difficult to find the root cause. Thanks again!

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

11 years ago

And a quick word to Jamileh...thank you for your reports and advisories here.  This is the first time in my years on these forums that I've seen information coming back to users from an AT&T employee on anything approaching a regular basis.  Just these short, simple posts acknowledging issues and giving general updates on progress is incredihbly helpful and goes a long way towards making happy customers.  Thanks again!  Smiley Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@AnClar wrote:

And a quick word to Jamileh...thank you for your reports and advisories here.  This is the first time in my years on these forums that I've seen information coming back to users from an AT&T employee on anything approaching a regular basis.  Just these short, simple posts acknowledging issues and giving general updates on progress is incredihbly helpful and goes a long way towards making happy customers.  Thanks again!  Smiley Happy

I agree. She works very hard behind the scenes a lot of times and doesn't always get the recognition that she deserves.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks! 🙂

I really appreciate you taking the time to say something!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

FYI same problem now appearing in Raleigh/Durham area of NC. Jamileh can you help?
Michael Blankenship
919-906-0110
7127 Eliza Lane
Mebane, NC 27302

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Wolfmansnake wrote:
FYI same problem now appearing in Raleigh/Durham area of NC. Jamileh can you help?
Michael Blankenship
919-906-0110
7127 Eliza Lane
Mebane, NC 27302

Do you have U-Verse? Apparently there is a major outage in the southern states and that may be affecting you. It's also not a good idea to post any personal information here. I can't remove your personal info so hopefully one of the mods will. For future reference, you can send personal information and any MicroCell problems by pm'ing ATTCustomerCare using the blue envelope in the upper right corner of this page.

Update: the U-Verse outage is affecting Louisiana, Kentucky, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and Arkansas so far and may be spotty in other states. If you don't have U-Verse, then let us know what your setup is, the light pattern on the MicroCell, is this brand new or did it just fail after working for a while, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.