What is happening with 3G?
jk2009's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 31st, 2014 1:27 AM

Connecting Microcell through D-Link router

I am attempting to use my microcell through my d-link router which has been previously done before. If I plug the router directly into the modem the microcell will work. If I plug it in through the router, it does not work. All light come on and stay on if plugged in without the router, with the router all light are green except the 3g light flashes. ATT support says it cannot detect my internet. Is it because my router is password protected? If so, how do I allow my microcell to access it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Avedis. Been a long time since I've configured a router other than an Apple so I didn't want to attempt instructions from memory and mislead or confuse the OP.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Oh...I think I'm quite capable of misleading or confusing the OP all by myself.  Don't need any help. Smiley Very Happy

That is why I ask for model numbers.  It allows me to look over the user's guide online.  I don't do any of this by memory.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

I figured as much. It would be helpful to us though if we knew the OP RTFM before asking questions. If he did, and still didn't understand, that's ok then because they can be confusing. If he didn't.........

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.