For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
sbagger55's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 3:48 PM

Cannot Add Users to Microcell

I am trying to add users to my microcell.  When I click save I get this error:

Timestamp: 4/9/14, 10:40:31 AM
Error: TypeError: ac is undefined
Source File: https://www.att.com/3gmicrocell/createWhiteList.do
Line: 0

I cannot add new users.  This works on FireFox.  Chrome has other issues with the javascript that are too long to list.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

These browser variables come up from time to time. That's why the suggestion to try another browser is in the Tech Guide (for those that care to read it). FWIW, I've never encountered errors when using any of the browsers but, to be fair, it's been quite awhile since I've added a user.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

What works on FireFox? That's not real clear. Are you trying to add Approved Users via the MyATT account page? The users you are trying to add have to be AT&T customers as well. Prepaid/postpaid accounts will work for Approved Users.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry, it "didn't" work on FireFox.

All the people are on AT&T.  One works for AT&T.

The problem is with the javascript add.  The undefined variable is causing nothing to happen.  When I click "Save", it stays on that page.  I do not get a 'success' or 'failure' message.  Just the error.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

I'm not a Firefox expert but that Java error typically means that one of your extensions is causing the problem.

You might try starting Firefox is Safe Mode and seeing if you can then enter the users on the Microcell webpage.  If you can, then one of your add-ons is causing the problem.

Click on Help on the Firefox toolbar and select "Restart with add-ons disabled".  Then try the Microcell webpage again.  If it works, then you'll have to go back and get in to your Add-ons Manager and turn them all off and then turn one at a time on and test Firefox on the Mcell webpage until you find the offending add-on.

A place to start anyway......

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

.....or try IE (Smiley Surprised). Sometimes just switching browsers work. Avedis's idea is a good one. I'd try that first.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am a web developer by trade.  It is not an extension.  It is one of the libraries that is trying to access a javascript variable that has not been defined, yet.  Javascript is not forgiving with it's variable access.

I tried this on Chrome and FireFox and it failed.

I just tried Safari and it did work.  There is still a javascript error, but it works.

I would try it on IE...but, that is not a true browser.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

It may not be a true browser (not sure what your definition is) but it does work with the Mcell webpage.  What have you got to lose?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Didn't see the comment on Safari.  At least you got the User added.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

I have a feeling that AT&T focused on IE when developing their Mcell webpages.  Chrome, Firefox and Safari probably took a back seat. 

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

FWIW, I just entered user numbers with IE and Firefox and had no problems. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.