What is happening with 3G?
Microcellie's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 7th, 2010 12:31 AM

3g MicroCell - Can't MMS

Wife and I are unable to send picture messages via our iPhones when connected to our 3G MicroCell. We can send regular text messages just fine, but MMS will not work.

If I power down the MicroCell and connect via standard AT&T 3G, we can send picture messages just fine, so the issue is not with the phones. I've tried restarting the MicroCell along with the phones themselves, but this hasnt worked. Voice and regular texts work fine....everything but MMS.

There aren't too many configuration options with this thing, and I can't figure out what's going on. This problem just started a few days ago. 

Any ideas?

Edit - Just saw the maintenance bulletin. From the looks of things that shouldnt be affecting me, but who knows. 

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

14 years ago

are other data services working on your phones while connected to the microcell?  Web Browsing, email, etc?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

14 years ago

After turning my wifi off and with just the microcell, I'm unable to web browse or retrieve email. Apparently no data wants to get through.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

14 years ago

OK, so it appears that no data is working while on the MicroCell.  Tell us a little about your internet service and your home router.  I would first try to see what the MTU value is set to.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

14 years ago

The strange this is, is that data used to work with it, so I'm not sure what happened.

My internet is through Verizon FiOS with an Actiontec router. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with MTu 🙂

And thank you for your assistance.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

14 years ago

@d00mz wrote:

OK, so it appears that no data is working while on the MicroCell.  Tell us a little about your internet service and your home router.  I would first try to see what the MTU value is set to.

I'm having the same problem.  My setup is WALL -> Westell Modem -> Linksys Router -> Microtell

AT&T 6.0 DSL

MTU is set to MANUAL 1492

I've also tried setting the IP of the microtell to DMZ.

HELP!!!!

Voyager

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

My wife and I have the same problem with our I-Phone4's. We can text message OK, but when we try to add a picture with the text message, it will not go through the 3g Microcell. Did you find a fix to your problem???

Guru

• 

808 Messages

13 years ago

Sending MMS was never a problem for us for most of our time with the Microcell, but for the last month or so, sometimes it just fails consistently, and other times, it works just fine. There's no pattern to be seen. Sometimes you feel like a nut; sometimes you don't.

There's no point calling AT&T - they couldn't care less whether the Microcell works or not. They've made that much abundantly clear.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

This is a total crock of ____.

I don't know if it ever worked, but now it NEVER works to send a picture message when associated to the 3G Microcell.  Very annoying to have to go outside to get out of range of my Microcell to hook up to 3G directly in order to get the picture to send via SMS.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I would try bypassing the router and connect the microcell directly to your modem to see if that works, that way you can narrow the problem down to your microcell.  If the microcell remains to be an issue I would try powering it down for 1 minute then powering it back up (if you have yet to do so), after that my final step would be to deactivate it on your management page and set it back up new, reactivate, ect.  And if all that didn't work I would try returning it for a new one.

AT&T also has technical support by phone specifically for the microcell.  You may want to try calling them.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

One more thing.. if bypassing your router does work, you can try adjusting your QoS (Quality of Service) on your router and set the QoS of the microcell to the top of the list.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.